1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

It's Snowing in Lower Michigan

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by flykelley, Feb 20, 2005.

1. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Well Guys it's been a quiet Feb so far. It is snowing and radar shows it should be a plowable event followed by ice Monday AM. I will wait a couple of hour and then hook up the blade. The spreader has been in the truck since early this week. Let it Snow Snow and then some more snow. The weather God's CLAIM 3-7 inch's, let's hope they are right. All of you Plow Head's that are heading out today be safe and keep your eye's open. payup

Good Luck Mike

2. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

The way the radar looks right now is how it has looked for the last 12 hours or so, you should have about 2'.

3. flykelley

GT Racer
    We already have a inch on the ground,looks closer to the 3 inchs than the higher total of inch's that all of the weather god's are saying. But heck two is good for me, that's my trigger's and it's easy to push.

Regards Mike

4. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

I hope you get it. My trigger is 1 1/2", I'll never see it on this one, I did do some presalting though.

5. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Kalamazoo has about 4" so far. Plowed 2 hotels I have twice already and will do another then salt tonight. Hopefully the rain wont wash the snow away as I am hoping to do the commercial lots tonight for Monday morning.

6. QCPride

QCPride Junior Member

Lucky Devils We got about 1/4 of an inch--didn't even get any freezing rain. Couldn't drop even one bag of salt. I tried to slip and fall at Walmart but it didn't work out so good. :angry:

7. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Is exactly why I come to Michigan most winters. Have a few accounts of my own now and still contract out. Have plowed many more times then the guys/gal(I know is one out there) in McHenry. January alone I made almost enough to pay off the truck I just bought in December. Is almost not worth having a plow over there unless it is a business and there are other things to do in mean time. I know I could'nt make it on plowing alone over there and don't know many that could, if any.

8. Dan Vane

Dan Vane Junior Member

1 1/2" in southern Oakland county. Plowed a couple open places already, now i'm waiting for the rest to fall.

9. heliski989

heliski989 Member
    from mi

waiting

im sittin out side a coffee shop (in my truck of course) waiting for some cars to move we got like 1 1/2" cant wait to see what happens tonite looks intresting. there talking about a thunder storm possible tonight that would be intresting to salt in ...

lets keep our fingers crossed mby we can make some money tonight

10. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

just got back plowing in Kalamazoo. was about 4" of heavy wet slop. Accidents everywhere since it is turning to freezing rain and sleet now. Up here in Otsego it is still snowing.

11. alternative

alternative PlowSite.com Addict

what r u guys doin. waiting for it to end? or plow with ? this one is tricky. Especially since its Sunday and who knows what we'll really get. Got about 3 inch out there now. Close to 4" whats everyones plan??

12. flykelley

Im going to wait tell about 10:00 pm then head out. I just got back from doing the church, they have a service tonight. Its snowing real hard here and all the road's are snow covered. I'm guessing that we have about 4 inch's right now.

Be safe tonight
    Mike

13. alternative

alternative PlowSite.com Addict

yeah think im gonna hit a couple of my little partystore stops.since they are open till 10:00 just hate to have to plow the large ones at 7+" it s hard on the trucks. oh well play it by ear i guess. Snow should be done with by 10 pm .. hopefully!

14. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

Heading out at 11:30 :redbounce

15. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

heading out at 10 since it is pretty much done snowing. Stopped raining about 1 hr ago. North of here is suppose to get a couple more inches of snow.

16. Peopleeater

Peopleeater Senior Member

Yeah it was a bust here again. 1/4" to 1/2" or so. Im at the state line north of there, so they might not have gotten anything down there in McHenry. Maybe I should start going to Michigan or Northern WI.? That is 2 in a row that was supposed to accumulate and got about 1/4". The only way to live on plowing here is to make enough when it does snow to last for the season. Can count on about 3-5 plowings a year!?.
    Bad thing for me is with dump truck, when spring hits, it'll rain all the time, and I'll have to wait til June to start making money again!

Do you leave your plow in Kalamazoo, or do you haul it back and forth?

Jeff

17. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Well I supposed i should have read this post but were going out @ midnight good luck to all and be careful.