1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Its Snowing in Conway NH!!!!!!!!!!!12/30

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Oshkosh, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Woke up this morning to flurries and it is full blown snow at this point (10:44am).
    The weather men where saying from a dusting to two inches.I am thinking on the higher end,19 degrees right now.....Time will tell.Just lucky to have anything at this point....

123006 snow 0011.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2006
  2. Rickco

Rickco Member

Congrats! It's about time. I'm still waiting and waiting and waiting........... I haven't been up there in quite a while,Is Ellies diner still open?
  3. Oshkosh

Only been up here a year full time

Dont know the diner by name,where is or was it located?
    The sounds of winter,Neighbor plowing across the street,neighbor to the right warming up his snowblower...Ahhhhhh I remember winter.
    If this keeps up there maybe some winter income afterall.....
  4. Rickco

Rickco Member

Right on the main street. Going north it was on the left,near the harware store. Before the old RR station. I used to vacation in a small town right next door (Eaton) but it's been almost 20 years.
  5. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

You are lucky to have that fresh powder. Still not even a dusting here. I only have a one inch trigger!!!:realmad:
  6. Oshkosh

I think that whole strip has changed in the past few years...Before the RR station heading north there is For Your Paws Only(cool pet supply store) which could have been a Hardware store at one time.Then there is a small breakfast place, not by that name though, more Yuppie supposed to be a good breakfast.... then a gas station and not much else until north of the station/park.
    The past few seasons have been tough up here,with the lack of natural snow the past two winters,A wet spring,with the new water and sewer line being installed threw town the businesses have had a tough go of it....Have to have deep pockets to stay open.....I've seen dealers advertising leftover 05 snowmobiles...That is BAD!
  7. S & A Landscaping & Plowing Service

S & A Landscaping & Plowing Service Senior Member

Still waiting

Still waiting here in lower Michigan...Today i took off the plow's it's 48 out here today...I was thinking of pulling out the mowers to get them ready for a early spring....Looks like a vary early spring...But glad to see some one is getting snowpayup
  8. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

It's snowing up here on the coast of Maine right now. Right now there is about 2" on the ground and it's still coming down :D The weatherman said there was only supposed to be an dusting to an inch, last time he said that we got about 4-6" that was 3 weeks ago, I hope it's a repeat performance.
  9. Rampart Ranger

Rampart Ranger Senior Member

I'm happy for ya!

Frankly, here I'm looking for a few days respite. Got a little time off today and buried the snowmobile - digging out again!:(
  10. Oshkosh

Ha Ha

We ended up with about three inches....More than the D-2" predicted..Nice light snow just the same.They say it will be up near 50 by Thursday.Go Figure!
    I know to well about digging out sleds from that Rocky Mountain powder....A couple of friends and myself would take two weeks every March and stay at my cousins in Winter Park,ride Rabbit Ears,Gravel,Chicken,Super Chicken etc...It is nice riding all day and never crossing a single track.....Not the same back east!!! Not even close.
    Photo of cousins RMK 800 156"track running nitrous,bunch of cowboys out there.lol
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  11. Oshkosh

Woke up to Ice today.....Happy New Year 1-1-07

Jan 1st and an Ice Storm......Going to be near 50 this week.lol Mother Nature is having issues...
  12. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Mother Nature needs to get laid or something.
  13. Rickco

Rickco Member

They were calling for freezing rain last night and this morning. I got up at 3:00 to go salt and it was just Rain:cry: not a bit frozen. Oh well I should be used to it by now. Why should things change just because its a new year.
  14. Oshkosh

I think Plowman03 is right...

LOL, I had the same thought...Mother nature needs something...
    The roads are just covered in slush up here right now...Messy...
  15. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I'd hit it! :nod:

More rain here in RI. :angry:
  16. jeffw

jeffw Senior Member

we had black ice here in western mass, with rain. so i did get one salt run in at 1 am. good timeing for black ice and newyears eve parties. everything looked good on the main roads.

its something nothing white though...now its 37 and nothing in the future cast, the winter that almost wasnt i guess.

17. Oshkosh

After thirteen years.......

I hear you....After thirteen years commercial plowing on the New England coast ,I can tell you my spreaders brought in 5x's what my straight plows brought in a season.
    If I had stayed in the business I would be running calcium tankers now.
    The snow fighters where cool trucks but the people in charge have a short memory as to why they need them around.After a season like last year and so far this year my hours would have been cut in half....