1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

It's snowing, here come the calls.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by theguynextdoor, Nov 9, 2008.

1. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

I just got a call at 10 pm tonight confirming I won a bid on a small apartment parking lot, plus 2 more driveways. I now have the parking lot, 45 driveways, and 5-10 pending contracts for this season. I have more than doubled my business this year from last season and have enough work to run both of my trucks, and have a 2 back up drivers. Should be a good season. Knock on wood.

Good Luck to everyone else.
  2. Get Plowed AK

Get Plowed AK Member

Yeah some boat here man! i have 24 medical 15 other small commercial lots witch all get done between 2 and 9 am then its on to residential and housing complexes. make some punch cards and some incentives to use use. People like free crap. even if its a $1 coffee. its my second year and i have more than doubled. Check out my web site! Good luck to you. Safety first then speed!
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Nothing like some Nov. snow to kick some people in the ass to move on those contracts.
  4. big acres

big acres Senior Member

ditto... got a call Friday from someone who realized they might need to cover their 6k sq ft of mixed-use retail sidewalk overnights and weekends since maintenance guy lives across town. Falls right into the route though.
  5. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

I called around, theres about ten that 'haven't decided' yet, and 'plan to get to it this week'. So far im 2 for 25 on commercial bids. Starting off just GREAT. Hopefully the 1k postcards will get me something.
  6. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Last week our temps were in the 70's and we were boating......Today we have a high in the 30's and have had flurries all weekend! People are starting to get worried!
  7. jhook

jhook Senior Member

Ya, I love it when people wait until the last minute to call and confirm. I had one call today and I almost had to tell them that we were booked. Like what do people expect, that we just sit around and wait for them all to call when it snows? I have been working on my trucks and gear for the last 6 weeks to get everything (and I mean everything) overhauled and up to speed so we are ready to roll.

And yes, the route is set and booked, and no, we don't have room for new clients and if you don't have your name on the list, you have missed the boat.

We start advertising the first of Sept. Next year, sign up sooner :)
  8. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

We had flurries on Sat & Sun. I was hoping for it to be a "kick in the butt" for customers to call. But I got nothing. Maybe next time.