1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

It's Raining

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by johngus, Jan 6, 2002.

1. johngus

johngus Senior Member

well I guess it's my own fault for mounting the plow and getting everything ready.Just wishfull thinking I guess.Just real frustrating!!!!!Would really like to try the plow on the truck.Well I guess everyones just as frustrated.maybe one day it'll snow??

2. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Raindrops keep falling on my Head

Raindrops Keep fallin' on my head....

Well I can't say the weather guessers were wrong yet... But they keep changing their minds....!

First I'm gonna get snow, but then no it may be rain... but it may be snow!!!!

Gonna be a fast moving storm, in and out by tonight.... no wait might last a bit longer... may end early monday morning.... No wait!!! its gonna snow right through to Monday evening!!!!!

Hey Guys and Gals MAKE UP YOUR MINDS !!!!! PLEASE!!!!:D

I wanna plow snow or get some sleep... wanna let me know whats gonna happen for sure sometime soon.

3. Gordon

Gordon Junior Member

Well now I don't feel so bad I guess. Because that is all were getting here so far is---RAIN---.

Rain is for summer, we need the white stuff thank you very much. Oh and my order is for alot of it.

Gordon

4. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

Johngus,
    It's not your fault..... it's all of ours. We all went out and put the plows on, tested the equipment etc. It's the times that they predict none, so we don't get the equipment ready that it'll hit us :D

5. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

Raining wasnt the word for it...it poured like no tomorrow from around 830 to 11, then some sleet and snow. Ended up, at my place maybe a 1/2 inch to salt away. But 3 miles west there was 2+ inches to move, 10 miles in Plainville there was 4" at the church I do.

Good thing I didnt just peek out the window and go back to slep!

6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

i found the same thing. here in glastonbury we got maybe a coating that would scrape down. in newington, everybody was plowing about an inch. was in west hartford later today, and looks like they got about 2 inches. absolutely crazy though. on the news last night they showed them in the emergency operations room. give me a freakin break. this was absolutely ridiculous. they blew this one big time.