1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

It's on It's way

Discussion in 'Weather' started by RichG53, Nov 20, 2008.

1. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

The Coldest Weather and Heaviest Lake Effect Yet

CLIPPER COMING THROUGH THIS MORNING WILL BRING TWO DAYS OF THE COLDEST WEATHER YET ACROSS THE GREAT LAKES, OHIO VALLEY, NORTHEAST AND MID-ATLANTIC.

Just some quick comments this morning.... By the way, the Anti-Henry is jumping around this morning because it snowed last night.

1. The air mass behind the clipper is even colder than the air mass this week. Temperatures across parts of the Great Lakes into the Northeast may not get out of the 20s and even the major cities in the mid-Atlantic will have temps in the 30s Friday into Saturday. This is just too cold too early for me....

2. The lake-effect snow from western Michigan to western New York will be quite heavy through Saturday with local amounts topping two feet. The normal northwesterly flow lake-effect regions will be hammered through Saturday night. If someone reports a 36-inch amount, I will not be surprised. Even the Appalachians from West Virginia through western Pennsylvania will have up to 6-10 inches of lake-effect/orographic snow.

Long range: Looks like a messy storm coming for areas north of I-80 from Iowa to Pennsylvania Monday into Tuesday. I will post a map on the potential later this morning....