1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

its on and it looks good

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by topdj, Oct 24, 2007.

1. topdj

topdj Senior Member

just installed it this weekend

DSC_0667 (Small).JPG

2. RipT

RipT Senior Member

Nice looking rig !!

3. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

that sure is a nice truck to put in the snow,
    heck my boys would have the leather tore out from the screwdriver in thier pocket, the rear door smashed in from the mailbox, the tailgate wouldn't shut from the forklift they run into it.etc. probably whithin a weekLOL

But then again not many of us plow for 50years and not hit nothin:rolleyes:

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good. How does the front end handle the plow. Wouldn't mine seeing some side pictures.

5. topdj

topdj Senior Member

being a nice guy a I have a few neighbors in their 70-80s and I usually either used my snowbear "too light,no power angle and can't backdrag at all" or my 5hp Honda snowblower great for an 1-2" or walks. I have a 70 x 30 front driveway and a 8 x 160. Im getting tired of shoveling the Huge windrow the plow trucks dump at the end of the drives
    old snowbear had a diffult time with it. Sure I have to be carefull as this a new truck and I plan I keeping it for 6-7 years.

6. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Looks good.

The pic remindes me that I need to get a new edge for my Hiniker...

7. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

looks good on that truck what size is it

8. topdj

topdj Senior Member

the truck is a half ton the plow is a model 700, cost me 3100 shipped on a pallet plus 40 for a set of shoes " have a dirt drive" outback. took me a few days to assemble.

9. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Looks very nice, I like that plow.

10. topdj

topdj Senior Member

side shot plow up , dont seem to overload at all, need a little ballast though

DSC_0669 (Small).JPG

11. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good. Is the plow 7ft or 7.6ft?

12. topdj

topdj Senior Member

my tape says 7'2" which is close enough to me to a 7 1/2 footer,
    HINIKER does not make a plow at this weight 500ish in the 7.5 size

13. RipT

RipT Senior Member

Start with 300 lbs of ballast.....won't hurt to go up to 500. Will make a huge difference both to off-set the plow weight and general traction. Plow in low range / second gear if equipped.

14. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Nice looking rig you got there, enjoy it.

The truck almost makes the plow look too small to my eyes. Like its a Dakota-sized plow, not a full size pickup.

15. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

When did they go to a black mold board? Nice looking truck -- should make for a great personal & work truck for several years.

Good job, and best of luck with it

~Kevin

16. topdj

topdj Senior Member

well its not a big plow 7' x 26" but its big enought for personal use. and its certainly heavy duty construction if you dont believe me go look at one in person.
    its was a toss up for this truck, fisher LD, homesteader or its twin from western, and snoway which needs the downpressure. the homesteader is only like 21" tall had thinner steel frame smaller hyd system.

I ended up looking at the LD, the hiniker, and the snoway 26.
    so for the price 3100 total the Hiniker fit my situation. It replaced a 6'8" 20" tall snowbear
    which served me for 7 years. It just looked laughable in front of this truck :D

17. Kramer

Kramer Senior Member

Your truck looks great with that plow on it... I haven't seen many of the hinnekers around here, but yours has a mean look to it when viewed head on---the plow combined with the truck lights looks cool.

Hope you have all the luck in the world with it---looks like a good choice. And don't forget to post a few pics when the white stuff starts falling. Its always great to see equipment at work!

Did your truck have the plow prep package on it, or only the tow??

congrats!

18. topdj

topdj Senior Member

cant get plow prep on a crew, so I order 3.73 posi Z71 pack, heavy duty trailer pack,145amp alt,trans cooler. Thats why I cannot get a commercial plow without it.