1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

It's official, I'm tapping out on Dodge.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Crier, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Crier

Crier Member
    from Alberta

Been a Dodge Ram diesel fan all my life. I took my truck in for regular service and got a call from the service department that I will need 5-6k$ worth of front end and U joint work 'very soon'. I had only 100k kms on the truck, meticulously maintained and basically a highway princess. I told the dealer not to do anything and I would be on my way to come and get it. This was my second POS Dodge in a row so I'm tapping out, totally fed up.

I took it straight to Ford next door and traded it in for a 2014 F350, my first Ford.

Hopefully with better luck.....

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You have seen the light, you will be saved.
  3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Nice truck and good trade. I miss the grunt and power of my 2004 Ram Cummins, but I don't miss anything else about the rest of the truck.
  4. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice looking truck I like the white and tan
  5. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Thats a beauty...gas job or diesel?
  6. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

Nice truck!
  7. Crier

Crier Member
    from Alberta

Diesel in King Ranch trim.
  8. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

I like my ford a lot more than my old dodge. However I'm having brake issues at 55,000 miles my buddy was having the same issues and all the calipers were seized seems to be the same problem I have. Hopefully that's been redesigned for the 14's. Good luck with it.
  9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Enjoy pumping those 143 litres into it!
  10. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Times 2
    Nice Truck
  11. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

I did the same thing 2 years agi and got the same truck. Nicest truck i have ever owned, the only thing i dont like is the tiny gas tank.
  12. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

Very sharp looking truck, hopefully it treats you better than the Dodge.
  13. Doin_It

Doin_It Senior Member
    from Mt.

Bragg Creek?
  14. speedy1wrc

speedy1wrc Senior Member

My buddy and I poke fun at each other over this same topic. He runs Ford and I run Dodge. Neither of us has had good luck with our trucks so it's pretty much a draw. His had the perpetual over heating issues and I have had all the under carriage issues as you were told you had. While you took yours to the dealer and got a jacked up price. It's actually not that bad of a job, and not at all what they wanted to charge you.

Mine needs an all new front end job and I just paid a little over $200 for the parts. I have my own shop so yes I paid wholesale, but I am looking at maybe $300 in parts for everything. Maybe I should be charging more. I must be working too cheap.

All said and done I love my truck, but admittedly it's had more than it's fair share of problems.
  15. Crier

Crier Member
    from Alberta

Small world?
  16. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

Nice truck.
  17. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Congrats on your upgrade. So did the Ford dealer notice the front end needed work done?
  18. Crier

Crier Member
    from Alberta

The sales manager took it around the block and made an offer. Bit of negotiations and the deal was done. Picked the new truck up that afternoon.

I don't think they cared as it was sold to a wholesaler.
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  19. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome to the club. Enjoy owning the best truck made!
  20. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I really don't care what "dealer" you belong to at the moment. They ALL try to suck you dry of ever penny you've ever owned. Ford, Dodge, Toyota, GM. They're all the same. They don't make money by telling you you're truck is awesome and needs absolutely nothing fixed. It's their bread and butter. Why else did the EV1 electric car just disappear ? Because they realized that there would be NOTHING to service other than tires, wipers, wwash and the occasional bulb burning out. Just don't be surprised if the Ford "dealer" does the same thing Dodge tried, at some point in the future.

All manufacturers have their issues. All trucks have their problems.

Hopefully your new ride treats you well..