1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

It's official - I didn't plow in '04 of the '04-5 season

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mick, Jan 1, 2005.

1. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Just got done comparing snowfall amounts for the months of Oct - Dec for years of 2000 - 4:

2000 - 21" & plowed four times
    2001 - 19" & " two times
    2002 - 28" & " three times
    2003 - 32" & " three times
    2004 - 6" & " ZERO

Yearly snowfall average or the area is 79". I'm either going to be real busy in the next couple of months or there'll be a severe drought next summer. Considering 90% of the people in this state have private wells, that could be a disaster.

2. xlr8

xlr8 Senior Member

It is the same here Mick , Last year 03-04 I had plowed four times by the first of the year I did luckily get out once in 04 for 4 inches.
    Looks like we will maybe get some icing though.
    Steve

3. Ole JIM

Ole JIM Senior Member

MICK YEH the weather here has Changed a lot in my life time--I remember Snow on the ground Halloween when I was a Kid--& ICE skateing On the Kennebec River Thanksgiving Day--& when 6--12 inch Snow storms were the Norm Here! Now!--more Freezing Rain--Sleet & Crapy Mixed Stuff? is the Norm!==here It Is!--Jan 05--Warm & NO SNOW!--& neighbors w/ snow Machines have too travel Up North to Ride Them!--for several yrs Now!--GLOBAL WARMING! I*ll Bet--We get HAMMERD! Jan--Feb & March!--I DONO? What Do You think??--Ole JIM--

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I gave up thinking about what it might do. Waste of time. I'll just take what comes. Now I'm getting ready to head out in about an hour to sand a private road. A guy who lives there called me early this morning to make sure I'd save some sand for him and would do it, considering this is a holiday. Maybe I should make up some "Holiday rates"?