1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

It's official, I bought a truck.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Vaughn Schultz, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

After many many months of looking this is my new truck. Unlike last time I told you I bought a new truck (long story) this one is actually in the drive way, it's all mine :D

Tell me what you think its a 2000, F-450 :redbounce , 4X4, V10 gas ( sorry no diesel)

Any plow suggestions ?

2. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

9' Fisher Stainless X Blade is what it needs
  3. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck, I like it!

Looks like it alredy has a Western Mount and Wiring, so I take it you just need the Western plow or are you looking for a new set up all togather?
  4. Vaughn Schultz

I came with A 7 foot uni-mount, way too small for that truck so it will have to go.

What about a huge 8611 blizzard plow? OR should I just stick with a heavy duty strait blade ?
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2005
  5. Vaughn Schultz

V box, or under tailgate spreader ?
  6. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

a stainless steel v-box and a blizzard 8611 is what the truck really needs
    congrats on the truck and best of luck with it. the plow was really just a 7ft? wow, who would even bother using a plow that small, a plow like that belongs on a jeep
  7. Vaughn Schultz

I have no idea :rolleyes: ? Why would you buy such a large truck and put such a small blade on it? disrespectful to that truck :p .
  8. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

looks good and glad you didnt get scewed again. :) you will be suprised about the v 10, it is a strong engine and will get decent milege.
  9. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I second that statement
  10. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

how much for the 7'?
  11. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Grassbusters, I would just mount a 9 foot uni mount on there for now and finish up the season (This fricken chicago weather :realmad: ). Theres not many blizzard dealers around our area. I think a 9 foot blade would work out just fine. I really dont recommend v boxs with gas engines. I would just spray the bed with line-x and put a tail-gate flink spreader on with central hydralics.
    Western is also the most popular plow in our area.
  12. Up North

Up North Senior Member

See there Grassbusters? Everything does happen for a reason, now you have your 4x4 instead of settling for the 2wd you screwed on. Congrats bud! Most likely you'll be clearing lots with that baby so I'd go with the 8611. Don't know enough about the salting side of things to make any suggestions there.

Nice find Busters, good luck with it!

13. Vaughn Schultz

Thank you

Thanks guys for all the complements :D

As far as having a dealer www.snowplowsupply.com is about 15 min from me :D so I can pick up anything I might need.

I would really like to put a blizzard 8611 on (next year), do you guys really think it is worth the payup

Should I buy in the spring? will I save any money?

CENTRAL_AUTO_GL Junior Member

curtis blade

you got to take a look at the curtis blades.... www.curtisplows.com

CENTRAL_AUTO_GL Junior Member

16. dieselman

dieselman Junior Member

hey grassbusters.

I'm glad to see you finaly got your self a truck. it looks pretty darn nice!
  17. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

not bad. Too bad the guy who sold it to you kept the 9footer.I would stick with the western . BTW doulble check tims prices as I have unfortunatly found out his are usaully 10-15% higher than most others.
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2005
  18. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

What are you plowing, lots? How big? Are you going to need to get in any tight areas at all? I would get the 8611 or 810 if you have the $$$$$$ and are doing very large lots. I would also consider an 8'5" or 9' Unimount or a V-Plow. If you have to push back parking spaces between cars its nice to have the V over a big 8611. With the V you can use scoop mode in tight areas, forget trying to get an 8611 in a tight area while using scoop mode with the wings extended. All and all it depends largely on what your plowing. I would only get the 8611 if you plan on doing roads, working for the Town/State or doing very large parking lots.
  19. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

It all dpeends on what kinda lots you are going to be plowing like cja said. Persoanlly I would stick to the Western. Probably a 9' Pro Plus or a 8.5' MVP wold work well on that truck. About the spreaders. Does the truck have central hydraulics? If it doesn't you can't run a undertailgate spreader without them. My choice would be a Swenson SS undertailgate spreader and have central hydraulics installed for abut 3k. But from personal experience, I would not put both the spreader and plow on hydrualics so if you blow a line on the spreader, you can still plow with the truck until you have time to fix the line, or if the plow is broke, take it off and you still have a salt truck. I run a 1997 F-450 diesel Quigley 4x4 conversion with an 8.5' Western MVP and a Buyers undertailgate spreader. The truck is a very nice rig to push snow with and salt with, but the turning radius on the older style bodies sucks and I have a crewcab behind me so the truck is like 25' long with the plow and spreader. Anyways, congrats on your purcahse and good luck plowing in the future with it.
  20. Vaughn Schultz

This would be my 3rd plow truck, the other two have 7 1/2 foot plows. My thinking is that I would use this (F-450) for all the salting and plowing of large lots and roads. Then use the 7 1/2 plows for all the smaller parking lots/ drive ways.

I really don't know what I whant to do :eek: