1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

its not snow removal but lookin for truck drivin info

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by sweetk30, Jan 10, 2011.

1. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

i know some people on here have prob or do drive delivery trucks. so any help would be great thanks.

i got a job offer for drivin a 1ton truck with flatbed goose neck trailer delivering items. the items are loaded and unloaded via the shipper and reciver. all i have to do is strap/chain/secure items if not already done. and yes if already done it would be rechecked by me the driver to make sure its right.

my question is possible pay rates for this job. thay said make a offer and thay will take it or counter offer. whats a good per hr rate . or better per mile ? and sometimes you might show up on time and have to wait till thay are ready to load/unload. so possible sitting time would need to be in there.

almost brand new comp truck dodge cummins [​IMG] and 24-30ft gooseneck flatbed.

most loads are around 2-2.5hr each way. thay did say 40-50 hr std week pay and possible overtime all i got to do is ask.

hope you guys can help with good info thanks.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  2. cosgo

cosgo Member

Sounds like you are doing hot shot work. In that case, forget the per mile rate. Go for the hourly. The pay scale is going to depend on your area, and the freight hauled. i'd guess (without knowing anything further) you'd be in the $11-$25/hour range.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

yep hot shot runs.

and could be anything from machines to pipe to site required products.

basicly i get directions and delivery time and go. its loaded or i pick it up and thay load and i would strap it down . then thay unload it.

i got clean record only 1 seat belt ticket just over 4 years ago. i have drivin tow trucks/ flatbeds / truck and trailer combos before. i dont have a cdl tho. but didnt plan on it at this time.