1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

It's never gunna snow again!!!!!!!!.......

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Cmbrsum, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Cmbrsum

Cmbrsum Senior Member

I don't need another $h!tty turn out like last year. I've got equipment to pay for. November hit hard for the last week. And now nothing but empty promises. Why does 50% overnight always equal 10% buy the time you get up to check on it? Maybe the random execution of a few weather men will help the rest of them get it right!

2. RTGUTH

RTGUTH Junior Member

haahaaa AGREED! Take a few out and then see what happens

3. Cmbrsum

Cmbrsum Senior Member

Another Damn week of mostly Rain. Do you suppose if I try going golfing, That might work?

4. chris.outdoor

chris.outdoor Member
    from NH

going over my sheets i had plowed quite a few times before this time last year.. and so far zip zero NADA... and here i was saying that last year was bad....:mad:

5. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

the biggest storm we have had this year was 3"

of RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Midwest Pond

Midwest Pond Senior Member

I like Cheese!!

7. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Colorado's plains are in the same boat. Our western mountains have been getting POUNDED. We have not plowed ONCE this season.
    Starting to hurt.
    Robert

8. Cmbrsum

Cmbrsum Senior Member

Grabbed my golf clubs and headed out to my truck. 35 Mhp winds. I can't win. Rained again all evening.

9. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

It's going to snow, I just blowed my sidewalk. I'm going to wash my truck again tomorrow too. That'll do the trick.

10. Cmbrsum

Cmbrsum Senior Member

Washing the trucks!!! Sh!t!!! Thats what I forgot.

11. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

We started out with a "historic snow event". Some places got over 6ft in just a few days, the WeatherChannel and Good Morning America were even here,lol. But since then just a few small couple inch storms, just enough to keep me busy salting but my guys are chomping at the bit. Nothing really in the future, maybe some for Christmas night into Sunday.

12. Cmbrsum

Cmbrsum Senior Member

Well I tried washing my truck, but instead of snow, I just ended up with chores at some property of mine. It was a muddy mess. And so is my truck

13. mnlefty

mnlefty Senior Member

Either come to MN or we'll try to throw some out in all directions... After tonight we'll move into the 2nd spot for all-time December snow here in the Twin Cities, with a chance to top the record coming just before new years. Snow to date has already topped the entire season totals for 2003,05, and 07, and is around 75% of our season average already.

To top it all off, I'm almost 100% seasonal contracts... at least with the excessive snows I've been able to do some sub work to make some extra payup after finishing my routes.

14. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Hey winter just started a couple days ago!
    But I sure as hell don't want rain next week!

15. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

We're getting pounded more than average too for this time of year. It's getting old already. My big accts are seasonal too. Good thing I put a cap on them. I'm fed up with snow already to the point where we better either get slammed with a sh!t ton more so I can get per push above and beyond the monthly pricing, or let it stop snowing for the rest of the season as far as I'm concerned. My route makes up for the $$ difference when it does snow though, about 30% of monthly invoicing. The nice part is that I do the route myself typically and it's enough to pay labor and whatnot for the rest.

16. Cmbrsum

Cmbrsum Senior Member

Cold as can be here for the last couple of days. still 28. But it is supposed to warm up this afternoon just in time for the precipitation. I'm really hoping it cools enough over night to at least enough to salt. so far norther Utah has had 3 times the average of precipitation for December. But the valleys and benches north of Salt Lake City, where I'm at, has been 95% rain. What a bummer. My horse corral out back is a swamp 10" deep.

17. Cmbrsum

Cmbrsum Senior Member

Got a little bit of snow at the end of December. So far 2 2" storms in january. And here it is in the middle of the coldest month of the year and we had 38 deg rain for 3 days straight. At this rate I hope to just brake even for the second year in a row.

18. Jacobsmovinsnow

Jacobsmovinsnow Senior Member

tymusicthe trend is for a warmer North America, I cant wait for the warmer USA weather to be standard up here in Canada. Dont keep your snow plows too long cuz your grandkids will be asking what those hunks of metal are for.:jester:

19. Cmbrsum

Cmbrsum Senior Member

Well I did end up with 60% work for December. But we just finished January. I only had about 35% of an average. Why can't all you guys that are sick of being pounded with snow, share with me here in Ogden Utah?

20. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

id love to share some snow with you 84'' inches in a month and another foot on the way today. id be happy if this was the last storm of the year.