1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

its here my new truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by pats plowing, Jun 1, 2003.

1. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

I d like to thank everyone who contributed to me on this site in helping me make this decision. Well here it is.

truck1.jpg

2. pats plowing

i took the advice of the members i know on this site. Special thanks to Pelican for swinging me towards psd.

truck2.jpg

3. pats plowing

Inside shot - daytime pics coming soon.

truck 5.jpg

4. pats plowing

me pointing out the psd decal.

truck 4.jpg

5. pats plowing

front shot
    plow coming soon

truck 3.jpg

6. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Truck looks nice from what I can see. ;) We want daytime pics, hehehe. Is it a 250 or 350, SRW or DRW? Best of luck with it! What plow do you plan on going with? Straight or V? Mike :drinkup:

7. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Nice truck, I see you went with the 6.0PSD,even with all the trouble they have been having with them. That truck must really haul,they are a quick truck right off the showroom floor. Once you get some miles on it,report back with average MPG,and any troubles youve had,thanks John

8. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Good luck with the truck! I hope the new diesel works out.

I've got a plow in mind that would look good on there too!;)

9. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

good luck with the new truck it looks like a good one.

10. pats plowing

Ill get daytime pics as soon as im free grass is growing like madd here. Its a f350 supercab xlt srw diesel. Its fully loaded everything but the sport package and leather. I went with the 6.0l couldnt really find a 7.3l and i still have the warranty and all if i have a problem. i picked it up yesterday morning got 110 miles on it so far, ill be sure to post updates on it. For a plow maybe a 8ft xblade or blizzard 810. We will see. Pelican what did u have in mind?

11. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I don't think I would go less then a 9ft straight blade on a long truck like that. Maybe an 8.5ft V. Otherwise the rear wheel will track into the snow on even broad turns.

Very nice truck.

12. wyldman

wyldman Member

Nice truck,time to update your sig line,and include the new truck.

I's also recommend either at least a 8.5 or 9ft blade.Straight or V is up to you,depending on what you use it for.The Blizzard is a nice option as well.

13. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Pelican,

I'm thinkin Curtis, am I right??

14. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

nice truck

WOW!!!
    Thats a real nice truck you got. I love the color. I hope you have the best of luck with it. For the plow I would recommend the 9ft Western ultramount. Good luck with the plow you get for it. I hope to have a new Ford F-350 for next plowing season. Please keep us posted on how things work out.:drinkup:

15. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

Thats a really nice truck! It has the same colors has my 99 F-250.Your gonna love the diesel. I would go with the blizzard 810,I think that would be the perfect plow for that truck.

16. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

NICE NICE :)

GOOD LUCK

Jay

17. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

The guys who've been paying attention will know what plow I favor, it's been mentioned here a few times already! I don't want to be accused of sounding like a broken record;)

Uh, what's a record?:confused:

18. pats plowing

Two days not even, 124 miles on it and it breaks down. The emission control light was on so i call the dealer, they say maybe the gas cap aint on tight-it was so they said theyd pencil me in for wed at 10. i said heck no i just bought this im coming out now, get in my truck drive a mile. It hesitates, wont move cant go above 20 mph i look behind me smoke from the exhaust everywhere. I had to wait 1.5 hrs for a flatbed, drive to the dealer in the tow truck, wait 1.5hrs for them to tell me i need a new rpg valve i think it was and then they say they have none in stock we can get it wed. I refused to leave until my truck was working, they were clueless made em stay open an extra hr to finish me up. Forget the 6.0l dealers are full of crap. You think for 40k id get more than 124 miles.
    Hey ill see about a 9ft plow its only a short bed so it aint a long truck standard size. Not too shabby for 17 eh?

19. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Ford. Quality is Job 1!! :drinkup: Mike :waving:

20. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

That's what I was thinking. Congrats on the new truck.