1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

It's here !! 4" of snow & counting on Sept.30, 2008

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Alaska Boss, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

Well, this is what I woke up to this morning,... 4" on the ground & still snowing. Yesterday morning it was clear & +14° F, so I knew this could happen. Weather forecast here for today says 3"-7" for today, but reports say that some areas in the mountains got 2 feet already! :D:bluebounc:D

PICT0003 (Small).JPG

PICT0007 (Small).JPG
  2. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Oh man you dont know how lucky you are. Are you going to plow or just let it melt?
  3. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

I'm not going to bother plowing this tho,.... it won't stay even tho there is some frost in the ground already,... :salute::D

PICT0005 (Small).JPG

PICT0004 (Small).JPG

PICT0006 (Small).JPG
  4. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

is this the average time of year you get your first accumulating snowfall or did winter come early? i am so jealous:realmad:
  5. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

Its not fair i want SNOW here NOW
  6. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Sweet :bluebounc:redbounce
  7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

So much for the theory of Global Warming!
  8. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Im so jealous of you....but its coming! Every1 get ready!:bluebounc
  9. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Looks plowable to me.
  10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

You can keep it for a month. Wow, that's sort of scary. Better get my arse in gear. lol
  11. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

Well, it quit snowing now for the time being,... looks like we have about 4½" on the ground,.. a friend just called & said he had between 6-8" about 20 miles north of me. The undercarriage of my little car just barely drags the snow on my driveway, but it's right at 32° now at 10am, so it will start to melt here shortly,... but it was cool to go from fall to winter overnight,... :redbounce:salute:

aa (Small).JPG
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  12. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

I would say that we get our first snow of the year in September about 50% of the time, but usually it's not dry & fluffy like this one,... wet & slushy is the norm, which is what this will turn into in a day or two as well. But all the small ponds, etc have frozen over now, and they may stay that way, or they could thaw out for a short period again, but by Halloween, even the biggest lakes around here are safe to go skating on, etc.

cc (Small).JPG
  13. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

I drove out to the mailbox on the highway, and a DOT plow truck was coming by. The road is already slushy,.. too much heat still in the roadbed, but this will sure help suck that out,...

bb (Small).JPG

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

Hey thanks , Work safe this year . good luck to you
  15. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

You kidding me? I would have been out there with the four wheeler plowing it into a pile, spreading it back out, then plowing it up again. Till I got cold, or the snow melted what ever came first lol. But yeah, you suck I really want snow. Well I guess i can look forward to the Snowplowing 2008-2009 CONTRACTS starting Nov 1st. Hope it don't snow in Nov. haha Well, its coming soon guys!
  16. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

were lucky if we get a week of being able to skate on our pond....:realmad:
  17. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Look on the bright side your the only one for right now that can make a video for the Fisher promo. Maybe you'll win a free plow..lol
  18. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Alaska Boss gets more snow in Sept, then Ice gets all winter. LOL
  19. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

what theres a contest i missd a contest? my luck is so horrible i enter just so people i know wont win
  20. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

wow snow already! i cant wait until we get some