1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

It's Coming!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by J.Henderson, Mar 3, 2003.

1. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

Just looked on Accuweather and it shows 8.5 inches the next 96 hours here in Northwest Illinois. I am keeping my fingers crossed. That is more snow than what we have received all year. I am getting an itchy trigger finger. LET IT SNOW:p

2. GLS

GLS Senior Member

5"-7" is what I heard on the news. The more the better, but I hope we get at least 2" so I can plow all of the accounts. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

3. MGardner

MGardner Senior Member

Bring it on !!!! 5-7 last I heard !

4. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

We can be on standby if needed for our fellow plowers in Chicago etc. WE are in indy and have several trucks available thru our network out of Indy.
    Kip
    www.indysnowplowers.com :)

ispmain.jpg

5. Pickering snow removal

Pickering snow removal Senior Member

snow

Hey Kip i like your new logo looks nice. Ill plowers its suppose to blow up this way too calling for 3-6 so lets see what she brings were READY

6. OffRoadPlow

OffRoadPlow Senior Member

And the weatherman says " A storm system passing south of Michigan is expected to bring 4-8'' of snow to the area tonight into tomorrow morning."

I had the truck ready last night... Now it just get out of work, hookup, and out to the end of the route... Every time they change the amounts, the up the amounts.... Keep em' crossed.....

**LET IT SNOW**

7. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

Since last night they have not changed thier predictions much, which might be a good thing. The last several storms coming through, the forecast changed by the hour, and we got missed by everything. Just need to finish cleaning the windows on the truck, other than that, let it snow. Calling for 8 in. of heavy wet stuff for me.

John

8. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I was hoping it would have come through monday night, I have a speech on Wed., but I guess i'll have to work around that. Like they say:"Gotta Make hay while the sun shines." or however that goes.

Hey Chicago guys: I'm glad you are finally going to get a 'real' storm! Be careful for the people on the roads that forgot how to drive in snow, they will undoubtedly be some of the only people out! Good luck to everyone, hopefully everything goes smooth!!

-John

9. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Good luck guys!

10. OffRoadPlow

Getting ready right after work today... the weather just updated again with this:

"Snow will pick up in intensity and occasionally fall at the rate of 1" per hour or more, especially after midnight. Things will quiet down Wednesday, but before all is said and done most of the area should see at least 3-5" on the ground. For now it appears the highest accumulations will fall on a line from Hastings through Lansing toward Owosso, where 6-9" could be common. Double digits are still showing as possible on the model."

Wake up Rockcrusher,, that's your area as well... :D

Finally make some more payup toward the new plow.... :D :D

11. IndySnowPlowers

IndySnowPlowers Member
    from Indiana

Enjoy!

Enjoy the snow up there guys!! :drinkup:

You all deserve some, that's for sure. Be safe and enjoy the wet heavy stuff!

Like Kipcom said. If you need any help, you can always call on us at Indysnowplowers.com. We would drive to Alaska to plow snow! Well...maybe not quite that far.:rolleyes:

Steve
    www.Indysnowplowers.com

12. OffRoadPlow

WE got it... Everywhere I went this morning 8 to 10" of the white fun in about 8 hours or so, 2 foot and higher drifts, and piles 6' and higher in most areas when done... ( Had to come into the day job to take a break ) but going back out in the next hour to do some new accounts, Just might get that new plow for next year. Going for about 10 hours with the plow switch out. Trashed the mount on my plow ( it was used hard ) good thing for backup plans, going to get a new mount fabed this week, I have a feeling that the snow is not over this year, I can finally feel like I did some decent plowing this year... Will try to get some pics this afternoon, nothing like the feet of snow that some have seen this year, but it's the biggest event for us this year... Good times...

13. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

We got about 6 in., enough to make some decent money. Even picked up two new accounts, business that just changed hands, needed new plow guy. Went out at 1 A.M., got home at 1 P.M., just enough time to do my own driveway, take a shower, and go hop in the squad car for another 8 hours. My bed will feel good tonight.

John

14. GLS

GLS Senior Member

We got about 6" here too.

plowing.jpg

15. MLB

MLB Senior Member

we got

enough to blow off the sidewalks with backpacks!!!

##### *&)_#)(*%)_&#_%&)$#&%)_#@&_#@&%_@#%&_@#%&_0&:realmad: :realmad:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2003
  16. MGardner

MGardner Senior Member

At least 6 where I was and seemed like more in Rock Island. Nice !

17. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

I heard that it was close to 8" in Davenport. When I was doing the strip mall at 12:30 a.m., it seemed like it would never stop. I would plow a section and do another, then go back to the original, it looked like I haven't touched it yet.

18. MGardner

MGardner Senior Member

I was on Eagles on 42 aVE non-stop and was glad when it quit.:eek:

19. ultimate lawns

ultimate lawns Member

hey, Here in Mchenry county, we got about 7 "1-2" inches. Good snowfall.

ultimate lawns and more,

20. Is that all..... I'm in McHenry, just on the other side of Bull Valley, now and it just seems like more.

My back would say otherwise, shoveled out the 3 garage doors and along the driveway since the markers disappeared. And Shoveled both sidewalks and the deck, How nice am I?
    Boy I must really love the dog to make sure he has a clean path to the house.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2003