1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

It's coming

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by The Boss, Oct 27, 2004.

1. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

This is a cover story on the aol startup screen this morning. Thought this might get your guys' blood flowing! :nod:

Updated: 08:22 AM EDT
    Storm Brings Record Snowfall to California
    Homes Flooded; Thousands Lack Electricity
    By TOM VERDIN, AP

SAN FRANCISCO (Oct. 27) - A powerful Alaskan storm descended on California, flooding homes, cutting power to thousands and dumping record-setting snow in the Sierra Nevada.

A weather station in the central Sierra run by the University of California-Berkeley reported Tuesday that 48 inches of snow had fallen there this month, the most for October since record-keeping began at the site in 1945. The previous record was 36 inches in October 2000

Many Sierra ski resorts were reporting their earliest openings in years.

"It's snowing like a son of a gun," said Norm Sayler, owner of Donner Ski Ranch at 7,200-foot Donner Summit.

A surprise storm last week already had dumped up to 3 feet of snow.

The storm was expected to linger through Thursday, dropping several inches of rain across the state and 2 feet of snow - or more - in the mountains. The weather service was calling for intense rain in Southern California, prompting flash flood warnings and fears of mudslides in mountain areas scarred by wildfires over the past year.

Winds up to 65 mph were forecast for parts of Southern California, with areas above 5,000 feet expected to receive up to 5 inches of rain and snow.

2. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Sounds like one hell of a forecast to me!! :nod:

3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

It's about time you got online Boast!
    I was just thinking something guys. Some of these futurecasts that people are posting say that the west is going to be dry this year but already California has set new snowfall records and it's not even winter yet!! And we're supposed to believe these guys? :confused: :rolleyes:

4. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

I was a little late this morning, had a propane emergency class last night. Darn thing didn't get over till 10:30 & we had to get the truck back in service. I don't know about any of these forecast this fall, around here if they say it is going to be warm then it is cold or vice versa!! I agree about the "out west forecast" I caught a glimps of a 30-60 day forecast for them earlier in the week and it said little precipitation, now look what happened to them yesterday! I will just be glad when we get the first snow of the season. That way most of the bugs get worked out & operations go easier the rest of the season! I will be glad to get the pm's back!! :waving: BOAST

5. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Dam snow in Cali? This early? I just downloaded weather bug on my pc here at work with hopes of enough warning to justify having to leave work early due to stomach aches and head aches(*hint)..... LoL

6. THREE W

THREE W Senior Member

We Also have snow in the mountains above us, 10" at about 4000 feet, I love when it does that early, make contracts come back real fast.

7. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

Just reading that sent a great sensation through my body....i would love to see that kind of snow around here. Definately keep me happy and very busy :dizzy:

8. scott browne

scott browne Banned

get pumped boys !!