1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

It's coming!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by harley hauler, Dec 4, 2003.

1. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

Well us plow aholics here up in new england (Boston Worcester holden areas) look like were in for a little or "alot" of the white stuff. My phone has been ringing of the hook with people wanting to get on the band wagon for plowing. I love when people wait for the last minute for a price when the know the storms closing in they will pay anything! Well gotta go give some quotes. I'll take some pics and hopefully post them my scanners been having a BAD week.:bluebounc payup :D

2. Got Snow

Got Snow Senior Member

my phone hasn't stop ringing either

3. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

8-14 inhes they are calling for here in new haven ct thats of the wet stuff no fluffy snow for me

4. ctplower

ctplower Junior Member

I have a question for easthavenplower. Where did you get the 8-14 inch info?

I am a new plower in Middletown,CT. Have been out of plowing for a few years, but am now back in!

I can't wait!!

5. 2004F550

2004F550 Senior Member

At 6pm Art Horn of Channel 4 said 6-12" acrossed the whole state of CT. Sounds like a good storm to me.:D

6. LandscapeEscape77

LandscapeEscape77 COPPA Member

Glad you CT guys got some numbers, none of the websites have any accumulations yet. i go to www.wunderground.com

any better places?

7. slowpoke

slowpoke Member

Hey Guys, Save some of that white gold for us poor slobs on the Cape. :drinkup:

Actually, we may get 2 nice "events" here. One ocean effect and the remnants of whatever doesn't fall on you when it finally heads to sea

8. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

the snow is starting to fall over here in new york:)

9. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

A whole lot!

10. slowpoke

slowpoke Member

The ocean effect stuff is coming down nicely on the cape. About 4" inches on the ground (more than the wx guys said) and more coming). Went out and tried the new truck / plow and wings. OH BOY!!! It's gooooooood :yow!:

11. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Just saw the local forcast up here. 20-30 inches expected starting early saturday AM and going through Sunday afternoon. WOW!!!!

12. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Slowpoke

Where on the cape are you, In Bourne we have 6" already, and I can see us having 10" by morning, then another 6-10" tomorrow night.

Very rare in our area, last year was good too. payup

13. North Country

North Country Senior Member

I didn't see this thread when I started mine.....It looks like the old fashioned Adirondack winters are back!

We just finished tuning up all the blowers and had our final meetings with the crews, but the town denied our salt permit, so we are buying again this year, we got the spreaders loaded just in time though. - Now we are ready -

See ya in 24 Hours!

14. slowpoke

slowpoke Member

KIsland

I'm in Yarmouth, yesterday was a good day. I really am impressed with the Pro Wings. I'll never own another plow without them. Right now the ground is almost bare, but it's turned back to snow.