1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Its Coming Yes Yes !!!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rolandpell, Mar 16, 2004.

1. rolandpell

rolandpell Junior Member

I'd like to thanks all the great guys here that have helped me try to get my other trucks ready but after all the help and advice I finally junked the truck and bought a 89 Ford Bronco with a 7 1/2ft Fisher finally a real plow . Then the best part of it all is the snow has already started to FALL YES YES , time to see what its really all about . I feel like a kid in a candy store I'm so excited , I hope everyone can join in my excitement . Lets go make a ton of dough and have fun doing it .

Play Nice all and Have FUN doing IT.
    Roland:bluebounc

2. one ton dually

one ton dually Member

We are getting 7"-11" here in upstate NY.Love plowing when the frost is gone out of the ground.

3. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Getting some moderate snow here now still hasnt accumulated on the roads but im sure once it gets dark it will.

4. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Costal Maine is supposed to get 8-12 inches, but Northern Maine isn't gonna get this storm. Then there is another storm coming in this weekend, then another one after that.

5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

snowing in fairfield county i can plow the grass not the road i hope that changes

6. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Hopefully around a foot, iam redy! Iam sitting here looking out my window watching my dumba$$ neighbor struggle to mount an old style fisher. He put it away 3 weeks ago and now he is scrambling to get redy for this storm. Thats why i dont put mine away until late april.

7. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

So far my local forecast has gone from 15-20cm to 2-4 cm in the past hour.... WTF?

8. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

We got 5 inches this morning, and only plowed 1 location. The rest were handled with salt only. 37 degrees out now, but still getting impressive looking squalls...Chuck

9. capital

capital Senior Member

We got dumped on

I was in Dallas on saturday when the wife called to let me know the NWS was forecasting 2-3" for this comming Monday. Well since company had recently let two drivers move on to greener pasture and our snow accounts manager was in Phoenix for vacation thought I should drive back just in case. I got in Midnite Sunday and we began getting trucks reset from landscaping at 8 am Monday morning. All trucks and subs hit their lots at noon and worked til 6 am Tuesday Morning. when the snow started they were forcasting 2-4". Storm stalled over Des Moines and we were getting measurements of 16-19" depending on which part of town. Dump trucks were running downtown for over 8 hours. We ended up with 3 new plow jockeys for event. Put them all in my area and have so far heard only 2 complaints. On properties I handled. PS the three new guys speak Bosnia and was interesting hearing them describe how it was going lol

10. mole

mole Senior Member

It really snowing here in buffalo alrerady have about 6 on the ground just getting ready to go the truck is running right now. u guys in boston and ct and vt get ready. we should have 12" when its all over tommrow. see ya.

11. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Yup, I hear ya Chris. I didn't put mine away yet either. I'm extra psyched. Just installed a nice Alpine head unit over the weekend that plays MP3's so I'll have some good tunes to work by. :p

12. cja1987

Iam heading out soon. cd changer is loaded and mp3 player full. I will most likely stay up all night tonight, unless i get ahead and can get a few hours of sleep. Be safe everyone and hope you all make lots of $$$$

13. TheKing

TheKing Junior Member

I love it. Yess one more storm. I just put my plow on! my truck looks so good with the plow!!! now i gotta sit on my hands and waite another hour for more snow to fall.

14. rolandpell

rolandpell Junior Member

Start showing us the snowfall amounts , I'm getting ready to hit the road in a few , party safe and watch out for the weirdo that don't know how to drive in the snow .

Drive Safe & Play Nice

15. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

I knew when I bought my new plow 3 weeks ago it was a virtual guarantee of an early spring, who needs the groundhog.......which of course ended up happening just like I figured.
    So, seeing the snow out the window right now is pretty cool. I just hope we get enough to make it worth it.......$$$$$. Since I'm just getting started, I have no customers, no lots or driveways to be responsible for tonight. So while all you are out there I'll still be waiting.
    So here's for hoping it's enough snow by morning for me to be able to drive around and hopefully get "flagged down" by some people for driveways. The master cylinder in my wife's van just went, just got laid off last Friday........baby needs a new pair of shoes.....(alright I'm exaggerating), but it would be nice to make a few bucks off this one, which is most likely the last one 'till next year.

Is there a such thing as a "snow dance"?????

Be careful out there folks...............

16. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

John, if we get what they're predicting, you will make money if you put your plow on and just drive around. People hate shoveling when it's more than three inches around here.;)

17. cja1987

I just got back in. I went to bed last night at midnight and got up at 4 am. Finished plowing around 7am and went to school. I came home at 3 pm slept for 3 hours. Then I went back out around 6 to do some more clean up. I will head out again around 4am tommrrow morning to plow as its still snowing and i will have to at least scrape all the drives. So far i have made $1,700 from this stormpayup I got ten flag downs this morning plus many people gave me cash and checks today. 37 drives at average of $35 each + flag downs + 3 small parking lots, i should make around $2,000 from this stormpayup :D

18. rolandpell

rolandpell Junior Member

I wish I could have done that today I only made $50.00 . I gave alot away to some of the people to gain their business for the next storm Friday , thats when I should make the dough . I hope .lol