1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

It's been done before .How long have you been plowing poll

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Sep 9, 2008.

How long have you been plowing

1. Haven't dropped the plow yet

2. Second year

3. 3-5 years

4. 5-10 years

5. 10+

6. I'm from NJ and don't see snow!

0 vote(s)
  1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

It's another season so let's see what we have on PS
  2. 76CHEVY

76CHEVY Member

7 yrs both on my own and for companys, This will be my first yr subing .... no dealing with custmers
  3. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Does riding along in a truck, as a young boy count? Or how about plowing with a wheel horse lawn tractor?:)
  4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

I thought this was a poll? Liar. Started when i was 12 in a bobcat doing my uncles equipment yard and family driveways and when i was 16 moved into trucks and fullsize loaders. This will be my 13th year.

edit: now the poll shows up
  5. grandview

Plowing on your own ,not sitting on daddy lap.
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Behind the wheel for longer then any of you but Grandveiw have lived though i was power angle (get out of the truck and move the blade) before he was alive.:cool:
  7. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Hopefully I'll get a chance to drop a plow this year. Fingers are crossed...
  8. grandview

Plowed the first yr with a 1972 international 2 wheel dump truck full of firewood and a manual plow on it.
  9. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Shoveled/ran a 4 wheeler for 4 years, plowed last year and I loved it Im really looking forword to plowing again this year.
  10. sdplowing

sdplowing Senior Member

Plowed for 4 years as an employee, this will be my 3rd year on my own.
  11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

62 suburban, manual steering, six cylinder (the big six:nod:}, 3 on the tree, Meyer 7'6" w/T-6 modified with a choke cable for the lift gate and a starter switch for the motor.
  12. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

OMG just counted the years and ran out of fingers and toes and every appendage and still needed some more 30 plus here. Where did the time go :cry:
  13. big pusher

big pusher Senior Member
    from ohio

This will be my 6th year. Started out my first year w/ just my skidloader w/ dirt bucket subbing by the hour. I've been fortuned enough to get some of my own accounts and add mutiply machines and spreaders.
  14. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I drove the massy tractor plowing snow all the way to the mail box and back when I was 6yr old on the farm.lol

Plowing for beer money when I was 16yr old, paid under the table. worked for my brother in law... Driving a k5 blazer with a western
    On my own with a 74 Dodge power wagon with a factory installed Meyers in 80.
  15. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

9 yrs .... driving, and a few before that with a shovel
  16. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

Started in the mid-70's by building my own plow,... I cut a barrel down the middle length-wise, and mounted it on a 3-wheeler (before there were 4-wheelers). And I just found it last year again, laying out back in the woods half buried in the ground,... note the cutting edge & the built-in wings!! :D:D

A (Custom).JPG
  17. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

was 12 years old in a bronco 2 plowing the parking/dealer lot in front of where i worked. that was the first time. dosent seem like 14 years ago.
  18. SuperBlade

SuperBlade Member

ok...lets see made the newspaper shoveling snow on a snowday at age 14. used bobcats and steiners at 15. brought first truck( ford ranger) at 16. subcontracted 18 to 20. Hopefully on my own this year!! so overall plowing with trucks going on 5 years.
  19. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

on a wheel hoarse tractor from age 11 - 14
    pickup, from age 14 - 16
    pickup to 1 tons, skid loaders, age 16-18
    1 tons to tandem axles w/12' blades, skid loaders to wheel loaders, age 18-26
    wheel loaders, age 27
    pick ups and skid loaders till current, age 29
  20. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

well i only counted truck plowing and this will be my 6th season in a truck. If were counting tractors then the 3 freaking cold years on the IH cub cadet then going on 9