1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

It's alive! A few uestions though.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Brett K, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Brett K

Brett K Member

This weekend, I finally finished rebuilding my MM1 and mounting it on my truck and I have the bloody knuckles to prove it from all those damn cotter keys. Some quick questions...

1. I put on a new cutting edge and new plow feet. Even with all the washers on the feet, it still rides on the 6 inch cutting edge, which makes life miserable plowing my gravel driveway. Anyone else have this problem? Both are bought right from the Fisher dealer.

2. How do I set the lift chain? When I drop the blade on an even surface, I still have 4 inches of lift ram cylinder exposed. I am trying to get a bit more lift to keep it from scraping on steeper driveways. If I have the blade up and angle it, the corner is just an inch or two from the ground. Should I set the chain to pull the lift ram all the way down when I lower the blade or should I move the chain to the rear holes on the A frame?

3. The one angling ram rests on the plow frame, while the other has about 1/4 inch cleearance. There are a few minor twists in the plow from years of use and abuse. Is it ok to put a few washers on the angling ram cotter pin to raise it enought to keep it up off the blade frame?