1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Its a work truck now!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by tboylan, Dec 4, 2011.

1. tboylan

tboylan Junior Member

I found this truck on eBay. I bought it sight unseen and when it arrived it was very clear it was someones baby. I dont even think it was in 4wd before I bought it. It came from Costa Mesa CA. It is the cleanest 2002 I have seen. It is almost a shame to put it though PA winters, but its a truck and I have never bought a truck for show....

When I got it
    2002 F250 Crew 7.3 PSD 84,000 miles with rear air bags, leveling kit, 305 tires, superchip (towing), K&N, and 4" stainless exhaust.

Now I have added a full headache rack w/ 4x6 halogen work lights, a soundoff pinacle, extra LED reverse lights and a 8.5' MVP Unimount.

2. oldbluehairhemi

oldbluehairhemi Senior Member

nice looking truck you got there. how did those back-up lights run ya?
  3. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

Nice score man......... to bad it's a Ford.. ha. Just bustin on ya! Happy Plowing!
  4. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice looking plow rig. Have a great season.
  5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I would give that thing a bath in Fluid Film. Nice!
  6. SDP Hauling

SDP Hauling Senior Member

nice find..would love to find myself a clean 7.3 like that...enjoy
  7. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Very nice truck, enjoy your work truck.
  8. tboylan

tboylan Junior Member

I mounted the LED lights to the hitch crossbar. I drilled and tapped the holes 5/16-18 and used them as a ground also then I tapped into my reverse light wire for the trailer lights. Total cost was about $150. It made a huge difference.
  9. tboylan

tboylan Junior Member

Fluid Film

I sprayed the underside and frame with Amsoil HDMP. I am guesing it is about the same. It does not smell the best but it really protects. I use it on everything.
  10. Weenuk

Weenuk Senior Member

You use Amsoil on EVERYTHING that gets wet??
  11. oldbluehairhemi

oldbluehairhemi Senior Member

yeah i could imagine they would. is that a custom headache rack or did you buy it?
  12. 1982atm

1982atm Senior Member
    from indy

if ya dont mind .... what did ya spend on the truck?........ ya got a great truck the 7.3 is a beast
  13. tboylan

tboylan Junior Member

headache rack

It was built by a local fabricator for an 8' bed. I bought it cut it down, added the square tube that protects the back window and 6 d-rings for tie downs. The fab shops wanted $1000 plus for a very similar new one. I have around $350 into it including the work lights.
  14. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

Thats a really nice truck! I always liked that Dark Shadow Gray on the Fords!
  15. tboylan

tboylan Junior Member

These trucks seem hold their value. I paid 21k for it which was high retail and it was exactly what I was looking for except it does not have cab marker lights....They should not make trucks without them:mad:...lol.

I looked at one locally and the guy wanted 18,900 for it....It looked great on the outside but was extremely rusty underneath. :eek:

This truck is cleaner right now than some 2009's around here. I put around 6-8,000 miles per year on a truck. If I dont abuse it too bad it should hold a decent resale because in 5 years these trucks will be really hard to find.
  16. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

I am diggin' that truck!!! Nice find!!
  17. Harford13

Harford13 Senior Member

Nice Lookin Rig!!