1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

It Stopped Working Please Help

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by irocz600hp, Nov 2, 2003.

1. irocz600hp

irocz600hp Member

OK GUYS HERE WE GO MY PLOW STOPPED GOING UP AND LET AND RIGHT.this IS WHAT HAPPENED IT WAS ANGLING FAST AND GOOD BUT WAS GOING UP SLOW SO I REVED THE ENGINE AND NOTHING LOST EVERY THING UP LEFT RIGHT NOTHING. I GOT ALL BELT DRIVEN FISHER EQUIPMENT. I DISCONNECTED THE FEED LINE AND I HAD FLUID FLOWING OUT WHAT DID I DO NOW.Can SOMEONE HELP PLEASE.

2. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

first off stop typing in all caps, it is considered yelling... yelling=bad;)

how fast did you rev the engine?

possably a loose belt or low on fluid and it aeriated the fluid....

3. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

CHECK THE BELT
    sorry had to do it

cardoctor

4. irocz600hp

irocz600hp Member

i just reved it

reved it to about 3000

5. irocz600hp

irocz600hp Member

no the belt is good

6. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

how is the fluid level on the system?

7. irocz600hp

irocz600hp Member

fluid is good every thing was workin good i jusy reved it and nothing. may be a blown pump or valvebody

8. wyldman

wyldman Member

Check the fluid level and condition.Check the cable adjustment.If it angles left and right fine,but slow to go up,then it's probably just the cable is out of adjustment.

9. irocz600hp

irocz600hp Member

no it does nothing now

10. wyldman

wyldman Member

Bad pump maybe ? Check and make sure there is no air in the system,and the fluid is full.Next step would be a pressure test.

11. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

that was going to be my suggestion. Do a pressure test at the QD. Sounds like the pump from the start as you said it angled fine but slow to lift. Also if it was working and now it does not you may have lodged a piece of contamination in the pressure relief. If that is the case you will need to replace the pump.

12. GREG KEYES

GREG KEYES Junior Member

your pump is bad what happened when you buried your foot
    into the throttle you expanded the gears put a lorger sipe in housing now it can't build any pressure.