1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

It starts......

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Buswell Forest, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Got a call today from a referral, which is always good.
    Guy lives in Rocky mountains state, but just bought this lake house as an investment / vacation rental.
    Yup, I know that driveway. I will do it for $30 per storm, plowed at the end unless it is over 12", in which case I will plow twice. 2" trigger.
    Same as every other driveway I plow on that road (9).

"Well, I don't know that I am inclined to have you plow if it isn't being rented. Can you wait and plow on call?"

No. I plow every time I plow the other 9. And I listed off the reasons that we all know.

"Well, I have to think about that. I will call you."

Yeah.....you think about it...

2. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Lmao! Welcome to the jerk list sir!

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Your terms or kiss off.

4. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Seems a little elitist....

5. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

No problem, you want to call when you want it plowed. Me and the fire dept. will watch it burn because your cheap ass didn't want it plow and the fire dept. could not get close to your house. Reason #1 in my book. :)

6. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

If the dude calls, tell him your 100% booked and than some

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Must be some Canadian who bought a house in the US to evade taxes.

8. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

lmao......

9. Broncslefty7

Broncslefty7 Senior Member

i would do this, if its going to snow when you have a renter let me know 3 days before the rental begins and i will show up with a machine to clear the previous storms. that sir will cost you 100/hr. min 2 hours.

10. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

An un-rented house may still catch fire or need service there of some sort. What a turd. Our NH house is plowed all winter, whether we are there or not.

11. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

He called and said do it at my discretion. Pretty sure he called around and found out my price was right and nobody was about to plow 4 times a season for $120.

12. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

...shipping charges.