1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

it snowed!

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by SKYNYRD, Dec 28, 2010.

1. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

so before the blizzard hit the good ole northeast sunday night i made sure the weather stripping and locks were sprayed on all the vehicles. didn't want to go to hop in the truck and be froze out. i may put a thread in the picture section when i get time but i wanted to share some with you guys:waving:

first we have both blades after a fresh brushed on coating, then a pic of the extra ff that sprayed out of the key hole on the door (thought dano would appreciate it) next we have a pic of the ford in action followed by 2 pics of the blade when all was said and done. you can still feel the ff on the front of the diamond and see traces of it on the back. all in all very little snow stuck to bladeThumbs Up

SSPX0624.jpg

1338.jpg

IMG_1516a.JPG

IMG_1625.JPG

IMG_1626.JPG

2. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

What kind of plow is that?

What kind of mold board is that? snow wolfe?

3. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

i finally found a place where that new spray wand attachment for my ff can came in handy:drinkup:

IMG_1351.JPG

IMG_1358.JPG

IMG_1360.JPG

IMG_1366.JPG

IMG_1366a.JPG

4. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

didn't use the snowblower at all last season but just the little bit i used it yesterday makes having it worth while and spraying it with fluid film keeps the snow from clogging the chutewesport gonna throw in another action shot of the ford too:D

IMG_1589.JPG

IMG_1591.JPG

IMG_1599.JPG

IMG_1616.JPG

IMG_1560a.JPG

5. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

the ford has a diamond moldboard wish a fisher snow deflector bolted to the top with a fisher A-frame on a fisher minute mount 2 setup

the gmc has a western plow on a fisher/diamond plowframe combo with a western cable pump. the A-frame was modified to fit the fisher hitch

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  6. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

any more info on the push blade?

7. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

Man that is a huge shovel! Those plows look bomb proof. If I ever had the time thats how I would build it. Did you purchase those or buy them like that? l

8. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

you mean my lil mini plow? it's just a contraption i been workin on for a few years now. tried a bunch of different things with it hoping to one day get the bugs out and patent it. works great on powder snow not so great on heavy wet crap

9. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

thanks:drinkup: the western is actually pretty much whipped. it has some pin holes and is not too far away from full fledged holes but it's still got some life to give. a couple years ago our old fisher broke to the point it wasn't worth fixing and a friend gave us the western so we made it fit the truck. we added the new metal to the top this summer.

we had the mm2 setup off a 01 ram but needed a bigger plow when we got this ford last yjanuary. picked up that brand new diamond moldboard for next to nothing off ebay and made it fit our system. added that fisher snow deflector to it this fall

the mini plow uses a tractor blade but i don't know what kind or anything. it's the 3rd different blade i've tried with it. if i can ever work all the kinks out i hope to be able to patent it and make money off of it

10. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Excellent pics as usual! Thanks for sharing!

11. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

[​IMG]