1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

It snowed today! Keep advertising or no?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by thesnowman269, Oct 24, 2013.

1. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

Got about four inches in some parts of the area. Rather early for Ohio. Wondering what some of you guys think about still advertising. Is it worth it with the early winter scare? Do you think everyone got there snow plow contracts out of the way today because if the surprise snow? If any body has any advise that would be great. I only have a few driveways that have signed so far but not enough to warrant leaving my day job for them. I know I'm late with advertising to begin with but should I just call it quits and hand the few drives I have off to someone else before I loose money through out the season?
  2. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

We advertise year round. Still plenty of time to pick up driveways, commercial work will be hard to find.
  3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

People will start thinking snow now!!
  4. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

yup like you said it a bit early, so some wont think they got to worry about hiring a guy for a while, so yes keep spreading the word about your services!!