1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

It really is slowing down here!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by stroker79, Mar 4, 2009.

1. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

The traffic is coming to a crawl! Looks like the season pretty much over! Have a safe and profitable summer everyone!!!!!!!
  2. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

You too! i would love to have one more push before the end of the season. I dont want winter to end!
  3. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I dont want any more snow this season, but I could really use the money so ill let it happen, LOL.

BUT I been sayin our season is over since early feb, and although I was just sorta kidding I also felt that it was. Wish it wasnt over!
  4. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Well, it was a hell of a first year!payup

This site is SO SLOW compared to 6 weeks ago.......
  5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

You should see it in june and july. There is about a dozen members at the most that stick around in the summer.
  6. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

im going to put my plows in there summer storage this weekend. ill just leave out my one half ton with a sno way 1075 on it. Time to get ready for concrete season. get all the truck cleaned up, greased, and wash the hell outta them before parking them for the summer. also have to blast the with fluid film. gotta go buy a gallon or two lol.
  7. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

I dont know we had a good foot of snow on April 27th in northern Mn last year. I am not looking forword to mowing season at all. Plowing and working on equiptment is what I really enjoy. I hate working in the heat and coming home covered in grass everyday.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Most users ever online was 643, 06-30-2007 at 08:44 PM.
  9. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

How did we manage that? I'd think it would be more like 10/30 or 11/30
  10. Dubliner

Dubliner Senior Member

A few years ago it snowed a foot just before memorial day so we had a hard time getting the cemeteries mowed in time.
  11. unit28

unit28 PlowSite Fanatic

I love Mn summers...and winters.
    I moved here from Texas and can say it's not exactly night and day in differences. But at least for the Minnesota summer's, you can go outside and enjoy it. Mowing in Tx I had at least 4 heat related illnesses like heat stress, which are heat stroke related. Not only that, but also working in the heat then coming home to a house that the A/C units could not keep up because most August nights are over 90. Mowing realy sucked because jumping on a mower or grabbing a string trimmer or touching the side of your truck....
    was usually a scalding.

I know it ain't over yet but,
    Good luck this year to Ya'll.

FISHERBOY Senior Member

Slowing down

I won't put plow&spreaders away till april 15, just to be on the safe side, winter still has some fight in her, even though its going to warm up for the next 5-7 days, the cold will return, and we hav a negative nao setting up for the second half of march, so hopefully we can get a nice east coast storm payup. I'm hoping for a tulip crushing snow :D
  13. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

Where did you read about a neg nao for the end of march ? that would be great.
  14. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

I've been busy working on landscaping jobs for the upcoming season. But I'm def. ready for another snowfall or two!
  15. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

I'm ready for spring, at the same time I'm getting ready for next season's snow. Adding a F-250 to my list Professional Grounds Maintenance is my specialty Mowers, blowers, plow trucks, salt spreaders it never ends payup...
  16. Stoneheadmtn

Stoneheadmtn Member

One more snow would be great but all my spring cleanups have gotta be done by April 20. So let's get that last big noreaster cranked up! LOAD SALT
  17. Alpha Property

Alpha Property Senior Member

i think were pritty much done up here, we usualy get one last blast in march but we'll see, last year april 12th was my first lawn cut
  18. mnconst

mnconst Member
    from indiana

Done, it never got started here in Indiana we had a slow winter
  19. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

We've had storms as late as April around here so, No I wouldn't think about putting ANYTHING away, just yet:dizzy:
  20. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Won't put away plows until after Memorial Day. I have put all the plows up on the shelf before and had to take them back down before in April. Labor day to Memorial day possible snow season here.