1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

It pays to ask...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jrblawncare, Dec 24, 2000.

1. jrblawncare

jrblawncare Senior Member

I got to tell ya about this...Last week while shopping at a GOOD SIZED plaza near me I noticed the lot was a mess,so I asked one of the store manages whats up with the lot...he too was not happy.He gave me the name of the landload,when I got home I gave them a call...they had someone lined up already to take care of it but they took my name and information and said thank you anyway.Within a hour the phone rang it was them.Do you want this account,I was asked,Sure do!!!Within the hour I was speading ice melt and have pushed it off two times so far.This is a big one for me and will help make my winter.Thanks to SIMA and all of you here for your help in making this happen.To all,have a great and safe X-mass!!JRB
  2. jammin

jammin Junior Member

Been There

I too have gotten good accounts like that.About ten years ago a friend took me to his bosses house,a large commercial roofer.He said his landscaper quit, not being able to drive thirty miles from the suburbs to do one large estate/farm property. Well now we do 25,ooo gross at that property and he turned me on to another 20,000 estate/farm property. great to be at the right place at the right time! jammin