1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

It Never Snows at the Jersy Shore ?

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Sanddollar, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Sanddollar

Sanddollar Junior Member

Hello All

New to this forum just though these pictures would be a way to introduce myself.

I have been lurking for a while and have really learned a lot of useful information.

Christmas 2010_024.JPG

Christmas 2010_026.JPG

Christmas 2010_027.JPG

Christmas 2010_028.JPG
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Sure that's not form the 'Situation" shaking his hair out/
  3. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

is that the "job" for this season? snow removal? good picture of ronnie
  4. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

Yo...yo...yo...Tha Situation could head butt that whole Drift right down the driveway!!

Brrrrr, those pics are gonna make me freshen up this coffee.
  5. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

Oh yeah. Snow banks yeah.
  6. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

Snow Banks arhe heeeeyyyyyyaaaaaaaa!!!!
  7. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

LezBeHonest I love Snowbanks
  8. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Lezbehonest the snows too deep for you bro.
  9. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

Fist pump!
  10. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

wow, that actually makes me want to buy a ticket to florida.

You are supposed to ease into winter, couple pics of trees lightly dusted... getting your plow ready...not just start with 6' snow. Where is the etiquette with these new guys, hahaha
  11. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

lmao thats halarious. OOHHH YEEAAHHH
  12. Plow Chaser

Plow Chaser PlowSite.com Addict

We all know the "Situation" doesn't have much hair being how many times a week he gets it cut. I personally think this white stuff is all the crumbs that fall out of Snooki's clothes!
  13. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

those pic were taken during the "christmas storm" last year. farther inland we had 6-8 foot drifts, and some of the state highways were closed for 4 days before the front loaders could get out to open them up. there was also on average 3 plows per mile stuck in ditches or center medians after getting pushed off the road by the amount of snow in the plows.

i have a pic somewhere of my 02 F-350 with the snow a few inches over the hood while clearing a bank parking lot.
  14. Len90

Len90 Senior Member

It was a mess for a good week following that storm. State DOT was out it seemed 24/7 pushing the mounds back with loaders. They even brought out the graders with right hand wings to shelve the snow on the interstates.

Great shots from something that is one to remember for a long time.
  15. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

the dual storm of 82 was actually worse. it dumped 18 inches on a monday, then 24 inches on wednesday we had not even got done clearing the roads from the monday storm when the we storm hit. i was stuck sitting in traffic for 14 hours with my plow truck on rt# 9 in woodbridge because 2 cars spunout side by side on the edison bridge.
  16. Sanddollar

Sanddollar Junior Member

Hey G.Landscape sorry about the faux pas. My bad. :eek:

I searched for the forum on plow etiquette by Emily Post but I could not find it. It was the forum with the post where she advises you on how to behave when you arrive at an estimating appointment to find the customer in the drive way with a guy with a clip board and two other trucks lined up waiting their turn. Something to do with proper anger
    management ??? :):)::laughing:

Yes the larger photos were of the Christmas Storm of 2010. No one was prepared for it. Budgets had been spent and personel were off . They needed to be called in from the holidays. LBI just didn’t have the equipment or manpower to keep up with it.

It took me five hours to dig out to be able to load the trailer. It then took another 45 minutes to take the 10 minute 3.5 mile trip to the office to clear the parking lot. Intersections were drifted over, the four lane highway with median was plowed one lane wide in each direction and was rapidly drifting over. There were no cars or trucks on the road.

I busted through the berm the county always throws up at the entrance and promptly got hung up in the four foot drifts that covered the entire parking lot. I unloaded and just started digging out when I almost ran into a woman ( Coulda been Snooki’s Mom ???) in a fur coat and leather boots that trudged into the lot. She insisted that I come dig her out right away, She had an appointment in NYC. ( Where was the “Situation”when I needed him to talk 'at" this woman)

I worked on the lot until dark parked the trailer and tractor under a roof overhang and made my way home. The road my house is off of is about ½ mile long with two lanes separated by a median. The East lane that was relatively clean in the morning had completely drifted over and was impassable.

Back at it bright and early the next morning. Total time was about 14 hrs on a job that usually takes me 3 hrs at the most for a six inch snow fall. Biggest problem I have is having finding the room to stack the stuff.
  17. KTLawnCo

KTLawnCo Member
    from VA

:laughing: Haha after Sunday Dinner
  18. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

its carhartt time!!!!!!

I do the G.T.S. Gym Tan Snowplow.
  20. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

Now thats some chapstick weather