1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

It never Fails!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NickyBombs, Dec 10, 2005.

1. NickyBombs

NickyBombs Member

I've been plowing a few years now and it seems that everytime it snows some jerk leaves his car or truck exactly in my way making it extremely hard to plow around. Makes me want to hook my chain on their bumber and drag the damn thing into the street. I almost backed up into a car the other night because it was covered in snow and visiblity was poor. Anyone else have any horror stories ???:gunsfiring:
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

When I started plowing, I'd get up and start about 5:00 when it was still dark. First place was on a very rural road. One morning I'm on my way there and see a big pile of snow to the side of the road. Line up with it at about 35 mph and drop the plow to push through it. At the last possible second, jerked the wheel to the left to go around it. I'd realized what it was - someone had gotten stranded and abandoned their car, which was now completely buried in snow.:eek: :eek:

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I was out do'ing clean ups this am. I go to the very 1st one as I knew it had about 15 spots that had cars sitting there yesterday. This is at 4am this morning mind you. Sure enough there is a car sitting in spot #7 right in the damn middle of the row that had cars yesterday. This was a Wendy's and I had the entire otherside clean and the front and back of the place. Only on the one side where I assumed was employee cars as they did not move in and out as the other side was when I was there. It amazes me that this person chose that spot of all other even if you had to park in that area to do so in the middle??? It was the most messy of all and there was at least 6inch of snow plus the gunk from cars and the tire tracks being froze solid since it is in the teens and single digits at night.

Sometimes you have to just remind yourself of why you are doing it and take it all with a grain of salt. If I have to go back to clean up that spot I look at it as getting the clean up fee that comes with it. When people drive around me or park behind me or whatever while I am out there I just stop in my tracks and try to get eye contact and wait for them. Once they realize their in my way most times they move and if not oh well i'll be back and will be making money when I do.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2005
  4. VAhighwayman

VAhighwayman Senior Member

A few years back..I had a steak house parkinglot to do..every friggin time..the owner of a store next door would park his car in the corner of the lot close to the main entrance way, only reason being is that he was to cheap to hire somebody to push his lot,...I repeatly told him that he has to move his car...the steak house owners told him also many times...well the big one came that night...32" worth of pennies from heaven..and low and behold..there was the car...and I proceeded to bury that car with snow..after the storm and while I did a final...the steak house owners called the troopers and when the arrived..I sat in my truck watching..they went and got him and ordered him to remove his car...but the trooper couldn't keep a straight face as he wrote him a ticket for no registration...It took that guy 3 days to dig his car out by hand...plus pay me to come back and clean up where his car was parked.