1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

It needs to snow soon

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by framer1901, Dec 19, 2012.

1. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Nothing to do but make stuff in th last few weeks

IMG_4399.JPG

IMG_4400.JPG

2. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Next project

IMG_4402.JPG

3. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

The bike or the CCR?

The teeth on the blade is novel.

4. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Mount the blower on the bike.

5. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Hey framer,
    They are expecting snow Friday morning.. 2-4 in most areas in West MI. You may want to get those blades and speaders ready and mounted:nod:

6. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Looks COLD.

7. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

You think we're really going to get anything remarkable? How do we have a winter storm warning with 2-4" being called for? The first 1-2 will probably melt, the wind blowing 40mph isn't gonna leave much of anything, lake effect will probably blow all the way to Lansing. The low temperature is only like 30 so it can't be a fast hard freeze. That's my forecast.

Watch we'll get hammered because I don't think it'll be anything - all those plows and spreaders are on in 15 minutes, not a big deal at all.

If we get anything with the timing they are calling for and it being the first night - it's nothing but a potential disaster - that's what makes it fun and exciting.

Good luck, be safe and have fun - if all goes well, we'll be at Russ' on Lincoln talking about whether the forcast was right or wrong.... It just better be done before noon otherwise gotta go to Denny's for breakfast.

8. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

It can't be cold, I installed a heater control for them, what more could they want?

IMG_4404.JPG

9. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Looks legit Thumbs Up

10. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

You may be right. Terry Deboer is now calling for mainly rain overnight tonight (Thursday) and snow to start Friday around morning rush hour. John Shaner is still calling for 2-4 tonight. I guess we will see. Good Luck to you as well!!

11. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

had a thread recently about someone who made one of those. a company. they didnt have a spreadder.

i want to do it next year for sidewalks. what do you do for lifting the plow?

12. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Well Plowtoy, I didn't get my breakfast and that was one very weird, very narrow band of snow.

Birdseed - we use the decklift to pick the plow up. We needed the pivot point back far enough to use the lift and still get it high enough to get it on a trailer.

13. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

No Kidding... Have to love the lake effect. I managed to clean up 2 of my commercial accounts that were in the "snow zone" but didn't have to touch any of the residential and all the other commercials were just wet. If you were in between say Lincoln Ave and Ottawa ( a mile or 2 wide at most), that was the only area where it snowed hard enough to require clean up. I did see a lot of places on south Washington that were a mess.

14. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

I think the snow followed Butternut to S Washington then right into Fennville - we cover from Quincy to Fennville, the lake to I guess 112th - we plowed more than a few while others I guess took the day off.

Advanced and the Chemical bank, and those medical buildings but I think they are vacant now.... The place across from our office, didn't get plowed either but yet they came in last night and plowed and salted??? It's a Monday thru Saturday little foot traffic commercial place, Bosch's must have been out working cause the dude that does it follows their lead......