1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

It is happening again!

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by SCSIndust, Oct 21, 2004.

1. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

It seems so many web forums that are great, slowly decline, and people leave, simply because so many idiots come on here posting useless posts or fake posts. It is very sad that there are those few on here that make you wonder if anything is real anymore that is posted. I hope no one leaves, as this is a great website, and I wouldn't be where I am today with out you guys. We all need to make an attempt to watch who posts a little more closely, so we don't get hung up on bs posts. More importantly, don't get discouraged and leave, because that will just self-accelerate to the point where no one will want to be here.

I know this post seems I'm too worried, but I think it is a reality. Good things don't last forever, but we can sure try!

Bottom line: Ignore the trolls!
  2. scott browne

scott browne Banned

I agree completely
  3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I agree also. We lost a bunch of good people last year. :cry:
  4. scott browne

scott browne Banned

make it a small fee to register - works on other sites - write it off on your taxes.

im scott browne
  5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I would suggest another tactic. Keep discussions civilized and make it uncomfortable for those who make useless, pointless posts.
  6. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Now there is an idea. Keep the senseless post to the off topic forum & pictures forum.
  7. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

how could you keep them in other areas? Unless the moderators move the posts. Or better yet, if a bad post comes up, someone can inform a higher up, and the post would be deleted. Just a thought.
  8. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I've tried that and it doesn't work. :angry: