1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

It is Coming Our Way....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by chrisby316, Dec 5, 2002.

1. chrisby316

chrisby316 Senior Member

Even though the weather channel and intellicast have been predicting 1 inch of accumulation, they have now changed their minds. The local stations had it right the whole time. Well i think so, it hasnt snowed yet :D . But make sure youre ready they are saying 8-12". hmmmmm snow

2. JRFire

JRFire Junior Member
    from PA

It is snowing right now:D Their is around a half an inch on the ground and it just started.... Suppoesed to get 4-8"... Lets see if it happenes

3. chrisby316

chrisby316 Senior Member

fingers crossed! I need christmas money.

4. A.L. Inc.

A.L. Inc. Member

Chris- Looks like were going to get hit here too.. as of this morning (6:20 a.m.) they are expecting 4"-6". Trucks are ready to roll and I am looking forward to using my new Ultramount. At least I can make some $ plowing, it looks like landscape operations may be shut down for the year. WOW, do I still have a lot of clean-ups to do.:( Mike

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Funny you mentioned Christmas money. I had gotten a bill from a state tax audit. I just had paid it online a couple of minutes ago and thought that it'd be nice if I could get some plowing in to make it up. Honest mistake, I'd transposed a number wrong. No fines, just two years of interest.:eek:

6. chrisby316

chrisby316 Senior Member

there are still alot of leaves in customers lawns around here. Te snow didn't melt like we al thought it would. Some leaves might have to hang out until the spring time.

schools around here are already giving early dismissals and the kids arent even in school yet.

7. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

well its 6:25 am, forcast is 4 to 6" here. lets see how accurate they are. trucks are ready to go. just hate to plow during the day, too many jack a$$'$ on the road

8. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Got a call yesterday from a place that bid in Sept. They asked if I could still fit them in. I asked who plowed last week? After alot of murmering, they mentioned that whoever it was showed up very late, did a half a$$ed job, and never returned to clean up.
    I said sure we can fit you in, invoice is on the way for 2 snow falls for December, and we will be happy to plow you during the upcoming snowfall.
    What started as a light year with contracts is really balloning due to unprepared competition.
    Dino

9. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

great to hear your getting alot of work plowking. Its so nice when people come crawling back, because they understand youre no hack. I think the weather forecasters were holding back on purpose. If they predicted a foot on monday they wouldve looked stupid if we didnt get that. They just downplayed it right up to the last minute. I wake up this morning and now they say more snow is expected. Anywhere from 6-12 inches. Have fun and be safe.

10. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

Southern Illinois and even Missouri got snow yesterday and none here in Northern Illinois. I think a conspiracy is happening. Must be the democrats!!!

11. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

I'm sitting in school right now with it snowing and sticking. We're getting out at 12:15pm, but that doesn't help me because i get out at 11:37am today anyway.

Forecast is calling for 6-12" of snow. I plan on plowing all the driveways and funeral home after school depending on how much snow there is and then do all them after work tonite around 7pm.

This is the first time i'll be plowing the 7 accounts i just got. I'll take it a little slower, but am looking forward to plowing. I hope to also pickup some more driveways in the area.

Good Luck Guys,

Bryan