1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

It could be a dandy!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by PLOW-KING, Dec 31, 2009.

1. PLOW-KING

PLOW-KING Member

LOCAL NEWS
    N.B. storm system could resemble storm of the decade

31/12/2009 12:39:46 PM

New Brunswick is bracing for the first big winter storm of the decade, and this weekend's blast could be reminiscent of the biggest storm of the past decade, according to a meteorologist.

The nor'easter will be a complex combination of two systems, bringing rain, snow and wind to the region, said William Bourque, with Radio-Canada Acadie in Moncton.

It looks eerily similar to a 1992 storm system, which dumped 160 centimetres of snow in the Moncton area, said Bourque, who has spent most of this week studying weather charts on the system, making its way toward the Maritimes.

The storm will likely hit around midday on Saturday, but will be at its worst that night and into Sunday, when the winds are expected to pick up, said Bourque.

"In the northeast and the northwest, the snow amounts will be less, though significant. I think it's going to be in the southeastern portion of New Brunswick that will get the most."

It's too early to predict exact amounts, but at least 35 centimetres of snow could fall in the southeast, said Bourque.

But with this kind of system, anything could happen, he said.

"Keep a close eye and listen for updates on the forecast."

New Brunswick will bear the brunt of the storm, said Bourque. Rain is forecast for Nova Scotia and P.E.I. on Sunday.

2. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

HURRAY!!!!!!!!
    plow king where are you located?

because there can only be one plow king around! ME,,j/k

3. PLOW-KING

PLOW-KING Member

I'm from Miramichi.tymusic

4. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Awesome man, im just down the road from you in Moncton..

5. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

This one sounds like fun let all hope payup

6. Fire Guy

Fire Guy Junior Member

I hope this guy is right. I'm really looking forward to plowing in a REAL snow storm for once this season lol. The storms we've had so far here in Saint John haven't been that challenging yet. More than the plowing I'm looking forward to collecting the money after this storm LOL.

7. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

I hope he is wrong,f*cking rain for NS:mad:

8. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

Possibly 10cm tonight into Saturday morning and 15-25 Saturday night into Sunday here in Saint John

9. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

might get some. but it think it'll be mostly snow.. 30-40 cm thier saying now... 5-10 on monday.tymusic

10. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Snowing hard up here in Moncton....

Plow king, I guess the opera house is fully inflamed right now....

11. PLOW-KING

PLOW-KING Member

I think the OH will be open tonight, they don't close to much. We plow a lot just up the street from here, i always take a break from plowing around 2am, just to watch the ladies leaving. Some of them are always looking for a ride,which i don't mind doing. HAHA

12. 2005Chev

2005Chev Member

Chris where you plow in Moncton. That's where I'm at too

13. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

I plow in Moncton, up and down mountain, I also have a few lots over on morton avenue. What about your self? How big of an operation are you?I know most truck around town but I dont think i've seen yours around.

14. 2005Chev

2005Chev Member

Mines sitting out now. I'm running for a buddy of mine. I did the mall last winter for MacArthurs and this year I'm running a 310 Deere Backhoe for a new company in Moncton called Clear Water Development.

15. 2005Chev

2005Chev Member

Decided working for my buddy was easier while Im going to NBCC

16. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

haha funny, i go to nbcc...what you taking?

17. 2005Chev

2005Chev Member

Im taking civil, construction management. what about you?

18. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

haha same only first year...Now that I think about ive seen you truck in the back parking lot except no plow or plow mounts...You take everything off? I think I know who you are, you got a name? Ill see if im right

19. 2005Chev

2005Chev Member

yeah everything is gone. I have a straight blade to put on if I want it, but its been easier to just plow for the friends company while in school. He treats me good and I don't have to worry about my truck. my names Geoff Crossman. and your right, ny truck is usually out back

20. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

right on Geoff, that was some heavy pushing the other night...good thing i had the loaders out or I wasnt finishing. I plow a larger car lot and all the snow is angled in the middle the pushed to the end. But the time I got to pushing it to the end it seemed to be one big wall of rock hard snow...i felt bad for my truck but the ol' cummins pushed and pushed. A good storm is moving in as well, 20-30cm...lovely