1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

It Better Snow SOOOON my wife is getting ugly!!!I

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by affprop, Dec 17, 2004.

1. affprop

affprop Junior Member

It has been awhile in between sandings and obviously plowings, and my wife is loosing her sense of humor about me just doing anything I want the last couple of weeks. She gets up and goes to work everyday and she thinks I should have a real job to. So I try to explain to her but it just doesnt work anymore. So know what I try to do is get up and say I have to check my accounts in the morning so she will not come up with a honey do list. Anybody else in this position?

2. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Ask her if she's jelous Then tell her to shutup.

3. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

first off,yes I have gone through the same thing.What finally stopped her is we started having kids.To save money from daycare I saty home with the kids.Now when it snows I just drop them off and go do my work.As for the honeydo list..I have found that just doing things around the house:

Laundry
    sweep the floors, even make dinner

last year when I waited for the snow i took a room and painted it and replaced carpet,it really cut down on the evil looks I use to get and got me through another winter when I waited for the snow.And remeber one thing I'm sure she doesn't complain when the money starts rolling in from the snowfalls..I wish you luck :salute:

4. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

OK, HOW UGLY IS SHE? :p

5. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

i do chores around the house, like now its laundry and then a sink overflowing with dishes. She is only my girl friend but i am lucky, she is a teacher so when i am working 12 hr days in the summer she is the one sitting in the A/C all nice and relaxed. So she really cant get to mad. :)

6. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

My girlfriend knows that if she complains too much, she'll get "cut off." ;)
    She does the laundry and dishes and I do everything else. Yes, I even cook most of the time. :nod:

7. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

It is really SAD what we have come to be!

We should do like the caveman did. Tell the wifes to shut off their yappers and cook us dinner. And if that does not work, take out the trusty club and club her a few times.

I am not saying I am any different, Well for now atleast, my wife is in dental school still. But when she starts working I will probably be like you, doing chores around the house. :cry:

8. hesko1

hesko1 Member

The Other Side

My husband got in from salting about 1:30 a.m. I got the kids ready for school and drove them, and let him sleep til 10:00 a.m. He watched a movie, then came up to read what's new on here, and @ 12:45 pm I kicked him off the computer, because he has one more window to install!

One of the "ugly" wives,

P.S. I plow TOO!

9. hesko1

hesko1 Member

She's gone

She left so now I can come out to :bluebounc purplebou :redbounce play!

10. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

My wife has been gettin pretty pissy every now and then but, my girlfriend is more understanding about it.. :nod:

11. hesko1

hesko1 Member

Having a good time

The wife just did the billing and she is in a good mood. She does the house work, I do the work on the house. We both have our complaints, but we work well together.
    Happy Holidays, and a prosperous year to all !

12. mister_snowplow

mister_snowplow Senior Member

This thread is hilarious! Sounds like plowsite 90210! :D

13. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

LOL!! thats good,hey where abouts are you located in Detroit?

14. hesko1

hesko1 Member

camland

I should change that, I'm in Livonia, northwest of Detroit. We plow in Wixom.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2004
  15. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Hey i know what u guys are going through{just got home from grocery shopping} i am dying for some snow,ice,sleet,freezing rain anything.Im getting tired of looking at all my equipment just sitting there and im starting to feel a little guilty my wife gets up at 5am has a 1hr drive to work and usually isn't home before 7pm

16. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Been doing this to long to worry about it, it will come when it comes and not before. Kinda like farming where you are at the mercy of mother nature. You just have to learn to live with "her".

17. Boondox

Boondox Senior Member

My wife and I are sooo lucky to have found each other, such a great fit with offsetting quirks, that we don't sweat the small stuff. If I'm not busy I start on her stuff, and she does the same for me. Ten years of marriage and still goofy! :blush2:

Pete

18. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Then you are prolly more understanding than some. Mine has learned over time that no one is more upset when is no snow than the guy with the plow. But I have been at friends house for coffee or what not and heard the remarks about the cost of "our toys". It has been more than once I remarked to others to tell them when they can find a "toy" that is a tax deduction and can earn a decent check at the end of the day to buy it.

But like I said you are prolly more understanding and enjoy the truck with blade off as well.

Here's hoping everyone around the midwest and Great Lakes works 20 hrs this weekend.

19. Mark F

Mark F Senior Member

Wow I'm not alone.

ps; My wifes not ugly

20. affprop

affprop Junior Member

My wife is not ugly looking her mood is ugly cause Im not doing much.