1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Isuzu NPR trucks plowing?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawnboy, Sep 27, 2005.

1. lawnboy

lawnboy Junior Member

Anyone used the Isuzu 4cylindar cabover 2wd trucks for plowing before. I have a few, and was thinking of putting plows on them for light duty plowing. Any thoughts?
  2. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

I do commercial plowing with my diesel npr. 9' sno-way, steele blade. Sno-way is the best plow system for cabovers. The downpressure rocks!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinkup:
  3. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

I got a Mitsi....

4. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

I set up a Mitsi Fuso.
  5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Jon, that thing is too cool :nod:
  6. Allagash

Allagash Senior Member

I think those Mitsu cab overs are pretty cool. I don't know why they don't make smaller versions with 4cly diesel engines and 4 wheel drive. I saw something like that on my honey moon 6 years ago in St. Lucia. It was a little bigger than a Toyota Tacoma with a box style bed. Almost like a dump body that did not dump. With today's gas prices, they'd sell well and they're very practical.
  7. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

My Cabover

Hello,I wish I had kept my Chevy W4/Isuzu,was one of the best trucks I have owned.It had a short wheel base with a 12'rackbody 4 cyl turbo diesel and a 5 speed.The darn thing would turn around on its own wheelbase(I was amazed you could watch it turn right on its own rear tires in the mirror), would have made an awesome plow truck.
  8. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

nice truck jon..you think the mitsu is pretty good? I has a '93 bought brand new and had nothing but problems..tranny, water pump/alt, motor....finally sold it and got a international 4300..i do like the cabover for visibility though.