1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Isuzu NPR questions

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by VictoryRedK1500, Nov 8, 2003.

1. VictoryRedK1500

VictoryRedK1500 Member

We are looking into buying a new company truck at my place of employment, which is a printing/publishing company. Our old box truck is getting some age in it, and is beginning to have problems. Plus, by trading before the end of the year, the owner can get a big tax break by purchasing trucks for the business. It says you can claim any purchases up to $100,000. We are interested in the Isuzu NPR trucks as well as the Mitsubishi Fuso FE. I called the dealer down in Knoxville to ask him some questions. He is bringing a truck up to us on tuesday for us to demo, then he is going to apraise our trade. The truck he is bringing up to us is an NPR with a 16 foot box, a/c, stereo, auto, diesel. List price is $39,300, which seems a bit inflated to me. He said he had plenty of room to dicker on price, so that tells me they are marked up quite a bit. I told him we did not need a 16 footer, because we currently run a 14 and it has plenty of room He said he could order one and have it in 2 weeks from the body company. Do any of you fellas here run the NPR's? If so, what did you pay for a truck configured like this one. I am trying to get a feel for what a good price would be on one of these. After buying GM pickups for so long, I pretty much know what dealer cost is compared to MSRP. I really know nothing about cabover pricing. The boss put me in charge of contacting the dealers and collecting as much info as I can. Any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Tim:)

2. VictoryRedK1500

VictoryRedK1500 Member

I forgot something. What are you guys getting as far as fuel mileage city and highway. I have heard claims of 15mpg in the city. That blows our current truck out of the water at 8.5 mpg city and 11-12 on the highway.

3. GpGuy84

GpGuy84 Member

we just bought 2 Chevy W4500's (same as NPR) last week to replace our older NPRs (each had 300,000 miles on em). Ours are bare bones with diesel, auto, radio and thats about it! we run 14' bodies on them too, and they are great trucks. the list price on them was about $40,000 and the initial bid they approcached us with was $33,000. so id say there is a lot of room to play still...

and i dont know for sure but an estimate of what we get would be about 14 mpg highway

happy truck shopping! :drinkup:

4. VictoryRedK1500

VictoryRedK1500 Member

Thanks for the reply, GpGuy. They guy will be coming up to work on tuesday to do the demo, and I am really looking forward to it. I'm very anxious to drive the truck and see what kind of deal they offer us. On friday, I will probably drive down to the Mitsu dealer to check out their FE trucks. I will let you know about my findings.

Tim