1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Isuzu box truck for walks?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ryde307, Oct 28, 2013.

1. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

We have one Isuzu box truck we use in the summer but have always parked for the winter. We are also looking at another one right now. We are at the point we need to use them for sidewalk crews this winter.
    I see a fair amount of them running around for sidewalk crews but wondering others experience. How well do they get around in the snow? They will have a pallet or 2 of salt, blowers, ect so I am not worried about weight. The tires are good. I think it is just the illusion of looking at them that makes me think they are very top heavy and should one start to slide or spin it's going over.
    Anyways looking for feedback on how they work out.
  2. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

They will work fine. That box is very light and all the weight is at frame level. We use cube vans with no issues.
  3. TGS Inc.

TGS Inc. Senior Member
    from Detroit

Awesome trucks for sidewalk work! Like a mini warehouse. Ramps for quad!s, pallets of salt....excellent
  4. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

plug them in if u have the diesel, hard start in winter... excellent for walks esp with lift gate... trying to find a second one now