1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Issues with MVP

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by NCat496, Dec 16, 2009.

1. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

Im having issues with my MVP taking it off and putting it on. When I take it off I unhook everything then when I go to drive backwards the plow drags with the truck. I have to hit the gas pedal for a split second to get it to release.

Second problem is putting it on when i drive up to it i am perfectly lined up but right before i am close enough to flip the levers up, the truck pushes the plow forward. I have to have someone in the truck while i push the light tower up to get it to connect right.

Now i do have ballast and it is the same when i take it off or put it on so the height never changes. Any suggestions because it is getting dangerous standing in front of the plow while someone is driving foreward.

This is an Ultra Mount
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Here is some information.

Another person on here is having the same problem. Here is the link to the thread.

Here is the pdf

This pdf show how to install the MVP. Look on page 8&9

The pivot plate has two sides, side "A" & "B" for configuration 1,2 it will be plate "A" bevel side up. Plate "b" bevel side up. Configuration 3,4 plate A n B flat side up.

If you install the plow yourself, this might be your problem. First try to adjust (adjustment procedure) and see how it works..

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

As your cutting edge wears down it may get hung up.
  4. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

hey bud I have two western ultra mounts one is a 8-6 straight and the other a wide out my 8-6 straight blade is about 4 winters old and the wide out is new both are kept inside year round...... I find that after you remove your plow your suspention is abit lower (squated) and after you drive around and go to mount the plow again your truck will sit slightly higher then when you dismounted...... I line up with the blade and roll forward, hit the brake quick to allow your front end to (squat) then roll into the blade and mount up.... It works for me hope to help
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The stand shoes are set too short. Need to adjust the pins up a hole or two.
  6. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Heres what I do.

Drop Blade, put in float
    Get out and fold shoes down
    Push lift cylinder all the way down
    put foot on the shoe top and push lightbar back as I push down shoe with foot. Rock it a couple of times. It sets the shoe a little more when you push back the lightbar.
    Do this on each side.
    Plow comes right off.

I do this on every blade of mine.
    Hope this helps!
  7. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

Thanks guys for all of your help. I am going to try some of these methods to make it easier on me. Im sure one will work for me. You guys are great.

Hey Drottlawn I tried your method efore but will all that Fluid Film all over the place and the light bar i cant get a grip on it when i push up haha.
  8. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

That's exactly what I do. Just like you said, pushing back on the headgear helps to set the feet better. Always works great as long as the feet are set to the correct height to begin with.
  9. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Also put a brick/block under the blade so its just off the ground. This relieves the pressure
    on the reciever arms/pockets and makes dismounting easier so no dragging the blade
    across the lot when dismounting.
  10. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

Second this I had the same problem on my truck adjusted it two holes and everything was fine.
  11. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

Hey B&B how do i do this? I was looking at it and couldnt figure it out. Thanks
  12. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Knock the roll pins out of the middle of the leg, move the bottom piece down a hole or two, and reinsert roll pin with hammer.
  13. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

Hopefully this picture will help. Just above the bottom of the shoe, there will be a roll-pin. Knock that out with a hammer and screwdriver, and lengthen it. Then put it back in the hole with a hammer. If you still can't get it, I'll grab a picture tomorrow. After snowmobiling?? ;)
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Just move the roll pin up a hole or two in the shoe and retry. Should make a noticeable difference. Adjust as necessary.