1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

issues with install of 7'6" plow on f150

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

I realized i probably had issues because the controller inside the truck where it hooks to the harness had some corrosion in the harness end.

Cleaned that out and added elec grease... i think it helped but still have these problems.

Plow functions normal for the most part.

At random, and i mean it can happen within 10 seconds easily after using the plow and messing with it moving it up down, left and right, the pump continues to run?

I push the left button, moves left, right, moves right, then suddenly it STAYS running and yet plow doesnt move anywhere. At this point, the controller doesnt respond to any other buttons either until i unplug the power point from truck to plow.

Also, it seems many times when i go to angle left, the plow pump turns on but "strains" and nothing moves, soon as i let OFF the button moving left, the plow jerks a second but then stops. Sometimes i hit the left button a few times and it moves 1 out of the 3 times?

I plugged in another handheld straight blade controller inside the truck, and it doesnt even turn on? wtf

2. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

I had a similar problem with a 7 1/2 Sport duty, when the battery on my truck died. Basicly there is a little power going to the solenoid that is causing the pump to run. I would check the solenoid, that is pushing the power to the pump and is also affected by a different control switch.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The next time the pump sticks on quickly reach down and disconnect the controller. if it immediately stops running then you have a defective controller. If it still doesn't stop then you have a bad under hood solenoid or a control harness/bumper plug issue (short or corrosion).

And the controller connector has to be sparking clean, not just "I think it's clean" to work correctly. If there's any question cut the plug off and replace it.

Applies to any plow.