1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Issues with an e-60

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by pushinsno, Nov 21, 2009.

1. pushinsno

pushinsno Member

The plow wouldnt go left so i bought a new c valve and coil, and amongst taking the coil and valve out i also tokk the a and b coil and valves out cleaned them flushed the system, put everything back together and hooked up all the plugs. Went to check operation of the plowplow doesnt go up and of course nor down lol. But it goes left and right sitting on the ground. But its leaking fluid out of the c valve. Is that cause i didnt tighten enough? And now why wont it go up. Thanks for any help.....and should i just replace all the coils and valves as well

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

:confused:

If it wouldn't angle lift why did you replace the C valve? I've mentioned to you several times in previous threads that angle left on a Meyer is the default function...no valves are used.

Start with checking for magnetism on the coils for each function and work your way back from there.

If it's leaking from the C valve you either have a damaged O-ring or you didn't snug it tight enough. But they don't need much so don't over tighten them. :nono:

3. pushinsno

pushinsno Member

guess im a moron then my bad im just going nuts cause everything is hooked up fine and yet the damn thing wont angle left.....i returned the pistol grip controller that didnt do anything such as move the plow and i dont know how the c valve could be damaged it is brand new i thing i may need to snug it down some more. im to the point where i am sorry i even bought this plow....sorry for all the stupid questions or me repeating myself

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

We've all been there (or at least those that have owned a Meyer, except it's usually at 3am in a dark lot :D).

You need to start back at square one and check C valve and check all the coils for mag like I mentioned. Pull the C valve back out and check the O-rings on it very very carefully for any damage. The slightest nick or slice will make it leak like a stuck pig. If it's all good snug it back in there and go on to test for mag on all the coils.

5. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

no angle left at all? hoses backward again?