1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by k&j Landscaping, Jan 2, 2010.

1. k&j Landscaping

k&j Landscaping Senior Member

I have a 1 year old poly pro 7.6. Notice fluid on lift ram cylinder after use and just a little around jam nut after use. Not dripping down outside of cylinder or anything. I do 25 drives and alot of lifting and dropping with it. The plow is stored inside during off season and fluid was topped off before season began correctly. Rams are smooth and clean like brand new. Is a seal going bad? Do jam nuts loosen on those? I do not notice any fluid on drive after extened use just on chrome ram and jam nut. Any suggestions would be great. Still under warranty if this could lead to a major malfunction. Any suggestions on getting filler plug loosened up in 14 degree weather to check fluid level?
  2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

try a little heat. Tighten the nut 1/4 turn
  3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

grab a big crescent wrench and tighten the gland nut. spray the fill plug with wd-40. give it an hour and smack the plug squarely with a hammer a few times. 7/16 wrench and it will spin right out. maybe.
  4. k&j Landscaping

k&j Landscaping Senior Member

Had to have new o-rings put in lift ram. Solved problem. Was under warranty. No big deal.