1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Issue with Plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Youngjay, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Youngjay

Youngjay Junior Member

ok new to the site hope i am in the right area.
    I have an 8 foot western conventional plow
    It does not turn right or left unless i put the jet heater on it.
    I changed all fluids in the angle rams and main pump/ holding tank for the oil.
    no leaks nothing checked all lines no water. All new oil also. any ideas were to go from here? im out of ideas.
    Thanks in an advance.
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Did you Ck the angle cables at the housing? They tend to freeze up as well
  3. MnMofTBD

MnMofTBD Junior Member

Had the same issue two nights ago. I had ice lodged in the 4-way valve. Simply took the cover off (3 screws), removed gasket, made sure everything was dry before I put a bit of grease on the lever and replaced the gasket. I was back up and running within about 10 minutes. No issues since. Good luck!
  4. Youngjay

Youngjay Junior Member

i will check both of them things today an i will get back to u guys thanks.
  5. Youngjay

Youngjay Junior Member

so i figured it out finally after spending 40 bucks on oil lol it was A pure ice puck inside the valve to turn left to right wow i changed the grease an that an now it works awesome thanks guys lol.