1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Isspro Trans Temp not working! Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by HULK2184, Jan 4, 2009.

1. HULK2184

HULK2184 Member

i just bought the truck and it didnt work i would like to be able to get it to work or maybe put a new one on. I tryd to take a few pics its kinda hard to see them but ill put them up anyway. My biggest question is ---- The sending unit seems to be on the side of the tranny, looking you are able to possibly just unscrew it like a bolt, now if do that will there be a ton of fluid that will drain out or not to much? First time dealing with a gauge like this just wondering what to do. Also the wire that connects to the sending unit is a little rusted and the eye hook almost looks like its ready to brake, Could i disconnect the wire and clean the outside of the unit and put new wire on and try it again? Any type of help would be great thanks!!!!

IMAGE_095.jpg

IMAGE_098.jpg

IMAGE_099.jpg

2. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

3. HULK2184

HULK2184 Member

Thanks For the site!

4. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

Does the gauge start at 100* or 140*??

5. HULK2184

HULK2184 Member

It starts with 140, i tryd to take a picture but camera isnt working out so good.

6. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

Honestly, if it starts at 140* I wouldn't expect it to move much under normal driving during the winter.

You can replace the wire and terminal if it doesn't look good.
    That is a test port in the side of the trans, where the sender is threaded in.

If you replace the gauge, I'd get one that starts at 100*.

7. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

just search : gauges ....you'll get alot outta that site.ussmileyflag

8. Spitz

Spitz Senior Member

Wow, 140*. Yea like said its going to take quite a bit for that temp to register.