1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Isolation modules

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Banksy, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I need all the electrical for my 2004 Dodge and MM1. There are some isolation modules on Ebay. I'm curious as to why each module is unique to each brand of truck. Don't they all do the same thing? So far I haven't found one for my truck. So what's up with these things? I always used straight hydraulic Fishers. This will be my first electric set up. Thanks.

2. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

The isolation modules are the same for each truck, but the light harness varies my manufacturer, the rest of the harness is the same.

Bill

3. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

The new 3 ports are the same except for the 08 Ford i believe.Your probably looking at 4 ports on ebay,You want a White label Iso for your Dodge,Yellow and Green are for Chevy/GMC.

4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Ok I got it now. Thanks guys!

5. WayneLaR

WayneLaR Junior Member

Banksy,

I just installed a a 4 port white label module that I was told came off a Ford on my '06 Nissan with no problems. The light harness even worked as both vehicles use HB5 headlights. You should have no problems.

6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That's pretty cool Wayne. Thanks. Does anybody know what kind of headlights my Dodge has? What does a new module from a Fisher dealer cost? There are some on ebay, but I want to make sure they are in the ball park at least.

7. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Isolation modules are only for the head lights right? They have nothing to do with the operation of the plow itself, correct? I just got a module and harness in the mail today and I'm still figuring out this whole elec/hydro thing :rolleyes:

8. Arc Burn

Tell me what exactly you have in your possesion now and i'll give you a list of part#'s to complete this.

9. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I have a 4 port module, white tag, part # 8436 (I believe). I only have the head light harnesses right now. I still need the rest of the wiring.
    The port has numbers on all the ports, 1, 2, 3, and 4. The harnesses that are there are plugged into 3 and 4. There are also 3 purple wires that go nowhere. 2 purple wires on one and 1 purple wire on the second.
    I bought it on Ebay and the seller said this works on my Dodge. He's a Fisher dealer.
    What else do I need? I looked at Fishers diagram and other harnesses plug into this one.
    Thanks for the help!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Arc Burn

Alrighty now,you need
    Controll harness #26359 (plugged into #1 on Iso Mod)
    Light harness #26357 (Plugged into #2,should really have come with the module)
    Motor relay #5794k
    22" battery cable #22511
    Main battery harness #63411
    The purple wires get tapped into turn signals,there should be a brown wire in there to,that gets tapped to the marker/park lights.
    your lookin at an additional $400 to complete this if bought new.

11. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Thanks a lot Arc. :drinkup: Are you a dealer?

12. Arc Burn

Sub-dealer,yes.

13. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Ok, good to know. Which head light goes to which port?

14. Arc Burn

typically driver side to #3,pass to #4

15. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

hope you dont mind me poping in. but i have almost the same questions. i got a sehp mm1 the otherday to resell. it has some wires but i am sure not all i need. just to help me with the sale. do i need a iso module? or not. it has a silver box joystick with it. thanks.

16. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

Control harness is a 26345:)

The 26359 is the plow control harness.

Brian

17. Arc Burn

And you would be correct as usual:)