1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Isolation Module

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by J.R. Services, Dec 26, 2009.

1. J.R. Services

J.R. Services Senior Member

I bought a complete 7'6" pro plow ultramount off of a 05 f250. It came with a 4 port isolation module. Are modules universal? I have it on a 01 dodge 3500, and i've heard that dodges used a different module. Fact or Fiction? Thanks

2. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

not sure about the dodge, but yes other vehicles require different modules and head light harnesses.

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Yes, yours and his ISO match up. It should be a White Label 4 port 26400.

You will need to get new headlamp harnesses to hook into your truck.

Depending on which headlamp set up you have you need:

For the HB1
    Long / Passenger Side: 26354
    Short / Driver Side: 26349

For the HB5 / HB1 style
    Long / Passenger Side: 26370
    Short / Driver Side: 26372

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

On another note....Why in the world would you put a 7.5' on that truck? You won't even clear the rear wheels going straight down the road.

5. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Just leave a streak

6. J.R. Services

J.R. Services Senior Member

I'm putting a set of wings on it. Its not ideal but I got the whole set for 2k and I am in the market for a 8.5

7. liplower

liplower Junior Member

How about a 7.5 ft midweight with 4 port isolation module from a 2001 dodge 1500 to a 1996 GMC 2500 suburban? Are the isolation modules interchangeable? Thanks for any help.

8. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

I really don't think it so much the module in question...It would be the wiring that should be question..

Would the harness from a 2001 Dodge, fit or be the same for a 1996 GMC?

9. liplower

liplower Junior Member

Already bought the wire harness for the GMC. Just want to know if the isolation module is interchangeable?

10. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Actually, the modules for those two particular trucks are the same. Should be P/N 26400 white label.