1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

isolation module questions

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by dupupp, Feb 1, 2009.

1. dupupp

dupupp Member

i have a western ultramount mvp 8'6'' and i need a isolation module and light haress for the truck-i have the plow and solenoid and controller already. my question is the isolation module for fisher the same as the one for western. truck is a 05 chevy 2500hd crewcab with the hb3 and hb4 headlights.
    thanks
    Rob

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Absolutely, Fisher and Western wiring is all one and the same.

3. dupupp

dupupp Member

okay so am i correct that i need a wiring harness and isolation module kit 27780?
    also is that a 3 port or 4 port-yellow or green? thanks

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Couple different ways you can do it...

If you want to run the 4 port Iso setup the 27780 kit includes the light green 4 port 27781 Iso module, both headlight adapter harness's (26353 and 26354) as well as the 11 pin lighting harness. But if you just need the headlight adapter harness's and the Iso mod itself (and not the 11 pin harness thats included in the kit also) then purchase them separately instead of buying the entire 27780 kit...much less expensive that way.

Or if you want to run the 3 port Iso system instead you can purchase the 3 port Iso mod. p/n 29070 and the headlight adapter harness p/n 29048 individually as well..

5. dupupp

dupupp Member

okay i understand what i need now-do you recommend going one way or the other with the 3 port or 4 port. i already have a 4 port white which came off the ford and do not think it will work with the chevy.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No the white label wont do the job. Personally I always use the 3 port over the 4 port but either is fine.