1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Isolation Module problem? 03 GMC 2500HD

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by CutnLawns, Jan 29, 2009.

1. CutnLawns

CutnLawns Junior Member

New to plowing and have a Ultramount on my HD that uses the 4-port isolation module. Everything has worked perfectly so far with no problems. Plowed 37hrs over the last two days and I get done and park it then come out to move it and no plow! Controller will not power up and there is a bad humming coming from the isolation module when I plug both the #1 & #2 plugs in. If one or the other is removed it goes away but plow of course the plow will not work. Humming is a relay in the module that is stuck or melted? Bad module or short or ? Completely checked harness and connections for any problem and they look OK. Any suggestions before I replace the module?

I am trying to locate a buddy that may have a module to try to see if it is the problem but I can not catch him. Any suggestions?
  2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

make sure the plugs are plugged in right. arrow to arrow. you would be surprised. how many plugs do you have? does the controller have power from the truck? humming indicates bad ground. check all connections. batt, motor, solenoid.