1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

isolation module making clicking noise

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by bob1007, Dec 18, 2011.

1. bob1007

bob1007 Junior Member

my mm 4-port 26400 module is making clicking noise and my drive side head light is out. I replaced lamp and still out. checked all connections on module and head lamp.This is with plow off I haven't put plow on yet. Everything was working at end of last season. Is module bad

2. fordtruck661

fordtruck661 Senior Member
    from CT

From what Im reading you are saying the headlight on the truck is not working. If so I would disconnect the wiring for the plow and hook the factory wire right to the headlight just to make shore its the Is module that is not working and not something with the truck wiring (not likely). and before going a buying a new one I would try to at least hook up the plow and see if that does anything.

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I would trace the harness for that side headlamp (should be in port #3). Look for a pinched, or broken wire. Keep a close eye on the Blue and Light Blue wires, but don't rule out any suspect wires.

Are both the high beam and low beams not working, or just one or the other?

To rule out your truck as an issue, do as suggested and momentarily plug the trucks harness back in. If it doesn't work, it's obviously the truck's wiring. If it does, re connect the Fisher harness and advise.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  4. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

The clicking inside your iso. module is morse code from the little guy in there flipping the switches. He says "get me out of here"

5. bob1007

bob1007 Junior Member

Yes inside

6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

inside.......? I might be missing the meaning, but could you elaborate further please.?.?