1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Isolation Module Location - 2015 F250 6.2 gas

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jsimanella, Dec 2, 2015.

1. jsimanella

jsimanella Member

Installing MVP+ wiring harness tonight. Took setup from my 2000 Dodge, and bought new harnesses as required.
    Does anyone have a good location to mount the 3 port isolation module? I'd like to save the passenger side space in case I need to add a 2nd battery.
    Thanks! John.

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Behind drivers head light

3. jsimanella

jsimanella Member

I'll check out the area. You don't have a picture, do you?

4. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

I just looked at mine in that area. I can't see the module, but I can see the wiring. Seems to be under the air filter. Probably need to pull the grill and headlight to get to it at a minimum. I have the same setup on my 2006 F350 and the module is on top right in front of the driver / easy access.

5. jsimanella

jsimanella Member

Thanks much.

6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

The headlights/grille have to be pull anyways. No pic on phone

7. jsimanella

jsimanella Member

I've got the headlight and grill off. Can't, for the life of me, see where to mount the isolation module?

8. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Look on page 6 of this.....

http://library.westernplows.com/westernplows/pdffiles/29206.10_071513.pdf

9. jsimanella

jsimanella Member

Thanks. I looked, but the 2015 must be a different animal, because I can't see a bracket that looks like this. It's very frustrating, to say the least :/

10. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

It looks like you use the actual bracket that the headlight itself mounts to versus there being a completely separate bracket. I assume you pulled the headlight all of the way out? There's a user on here that I think us a Western dealer - he would most likely be able to help you - mishnick I think.

11. jsimanella

jsimanella Member

Thanks.
    I ended up doing the velcro on top of the fuse box method. I'm hoping the heat issue doesn't apply to the 6.2's in 2015.
    From a maintenance / repair standpoint, ripping the truck halfway apart, to change a module if needed, just seems stupid. Especially in the dead of winter, when time is critical. If need be, I can now change it in about 60 seconds.
    Appreciate all of the advice...