1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Isolation Module Location - 2015 F250 6.2 gas

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by jsimanella, Dec 2, 2015.

1. jsimanella

jsimanella Member

Installing MVP+ wiring harness tonight. Took setup from my 2000 Dodge, and bought new harnesses as required.
    Does anyone have a good location to mount the 3 port isolation module? I'd like to save the passenger side space in case I need to add a 2nd battery.
    Thanks! John.
  2. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Might want to post this in the Western forum instead of the picture forum, might get more help :D
  3. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

I have a MVP Ultramount on my 2011 F350 6.2. A dealer did the install, but I just looked under the hood and it appears that they installed something for the plow (two connections; not too big) going from the battery to these connections and then to the plow connections in the grill in that spot where you could put a second battery. It doesn't take up much room though; could still put a battery in that spot.

I took a picture with my iphone, but I can't attach it on the mobile site apparently.
  4. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

See if this works

Nope - tried to upload the picture
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  5. jsimanella

jsimanella Member

I don't see anything. This is what I need to find a good location for. On my last truck, it was taped to the top of the fuse box. I don't really want to go that route, this time.

6. jsimanella

jsimanella Member

Thanks. Will do.
  7. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

In my 2016 f550 I put it behind the drivers side headlight. Everything is tucked and hidden.
  8. jsimanella

jsimanella Member

I ended up doing the velcro on top of the fuse box method. I'm hoping the heat issue doesn't apply to the 6.2's in 2015.
    From a maintenance / repair standpoint, ripping the truck halfway apart, to change a module if needed, just seems stupid. Especially in the dead of winter, when time is critical. If need be, I can now change it in about 60 seconds.