1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Isolation Module Issue?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by crossboneracing, Dec 13, 2009.

1. crossboneracing

crossboneracing Senior Member

Hey guys. Heres the new problem after the first storm shakedown. My 04 silverado has an 8' xblade. The problem is that when going left, right, up the pump keeps running and the plow keeps turning, raising etc. even with the button released. I have tried the plow on another one of my trucks and works fine, same with the fishstick. I think it is either the wiring, isolationmodule, or relay. All connections are clean and coated in d/e grease. I am suspect of the isolation module, let me know your thoughts. I would rather not spend the money on it if it doesnt need one. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

My first thought is a sticking solenoid. If you have a spare, give it a shot. They have been known to "stick".

If you have a test light and basic auto electric knowledge, you can probably figure out pretty quickly if the solenoid sticks on, or if the signal to it doesn't turn off right away.

3. crossboneracing

Ya thats my thought too. I am going to replace the soleniod tomorrow and see where it goes. I still feel for an odd reason that the iso module is suspect. Ill update you tomorrow, any ideas are still welcome!

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

If it works fine on another truck, the Cartridges are not the issue. If you used a different fish stick on YOUR truck and it worked fine, I would think that the initial controller would be the culprit. If you just used a separate truck with a different controller, you may want to snatch that controller and use it on your truck with the plow to see what happens. Further more the control harness doesn't touch the ISO other then the power connector. So chances that it's the ISO are very slim. In short, I'm willing to bet it's the controller or solenoid truck side.

5. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

Just curious if you got anywhere with it?

6. crossboneracing

Hey sorry for the slow update. Heres where I am, I think I have it solved. I put in the newer fisher relay (round one, not the square-ish one as I had problems before with them), also I took apart the fish stick and found the white plug to the circut board a little loose. I plugged it back in and cleaned the connection. Seems to be good now, we will know next storm. Thanks again for all the help guys!!

7. yellowsnow09

yellowsnow09 Junior Member

x-blades are slick